1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hows about a what do you bring to the track thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by timmy, Jan 5, 2002.

1. kasey ray

kasey ray k-raycing

polish brains & old mans tongue makes me cry!, though.

2. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Those were the days...shhhhhhhhhh [​IMG]

3. PKS Racing Services

PKS Racing Services Timing and Crewing

I'm not even gonna attempt to list everything I bring to the track. Let's just say that somewhere during the season the people I pit with figured out that all they needed to ask was "where is it" and not "do you have one".

I have never had a bad experience with people not returning my tools, or anyone trying to steal anything. Sometimes things take a little while to be returned, but things get hectic at the track, and I know that. Eventually, everything has always found it's way back into the tool boxes.

4. kasey ray

kasey ray k-raycing

pssssst, hey man, don't tell nobody but gary low sided 2 days ago & Jessica is remarried.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I've done it twice in three years.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

'Tis what you get for riding Italian stuff. [​IMG]

7. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

I know everyone has some racing underwear. You know, the one with the skid marks [​IMG]

8. Hubbard

Hubbard Puff... Puff... Give...

Not true. Putnam county is not a dry county.

Eric, you mean you've never graced the lounge at the Ramada Inn in Cloverdale? Very happening place. [​IMG] (Ask AIP sometime) They do sell beer and wine, not sure about spirits.

Truck stop across 231 from the hotels also sells package beer.

Don (Putnam track manager) said the track achohol policy had something to do with the agreement between owner and the county board. The track seems to be understanding to the racers, as long as it's not abused.

9. Hubbard

Hubbard Puff... Puff... Give...

No kidding. If Chris crashes, it's because he went to bed too early. If he looks like death walking and went to bed at 5am, then watch out, even he can keep up with/pass Peters on occasion...

10. Shannon Huffman

Shannon Huffman Well-Known Member

Don't forget those zip ties ! It's amazing what you can fix with those things [​IMG]

11. nancy junge

nancy junge Vesrah Suzuki

Yoga lessons at the track? That would be soooooooooooo awesome. I know everyone in our pit would benefit greatly if I got to take a yoga break at some point in the day. I'd leave the pit looking like this [​IMG] , and come back looking like this [​IMG] Please, please, please get your wife to come to some nationals.

And everybody don't forget to pack your sunblock this year.

12. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Do I even need to ask [​IMG]?

13. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

Yeah, the 'tards probably need to just all pitch in and buy Pam a "Big Rig" and just all throw all of our stuff in it. [​IMG]

14. PKS Racing Services

PKS Racing Services Timing and Crewing

HA! No big rig necessary. With all of the crap I manage to pack into my car, all I'd need to haul everyone's stuff around is [​IMG] your van!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    www.pksracing.com

15. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

Since the idea seems popular, I'll ask the Beastie (as the she-iguana is affectionately known) if she'll come out once or twice. I plan to make the nationals at Talladega and VIR (cycle jam) and maybe the one in north FL, so perhaps I can talk her into doing one of those. Talladega would be most likely, since it's only 3 1/2 hours from here and the others are 8 and 9 hours from here. If she consents to do it, I'll post a thread for people to sign up on.

16. joey-95v

joey-95v Registered

note that tom nor beth can not safely respond to this topic because of all the stuff that they bring to to track. it would allmost be easier to ask them what they don't bring. [​IMG]

17. gsxracerbenny

gsxracerbenny Well-Known Member

TRACK SIDE MASSAGE !! At my last race at sears point, i went to the little boys room, and outside... under the overhang of the officials office .. was a massage therapist with a little massage chair. I of course asked how much she was chargin (was a looker too i might add) . So i asked her if she would like to find better shade than outside of the mens head, she could camp out in my pits with plenty of shade in exchange for given my dad a massage. (his first race, like a kid in a candy store) She agreed and the rest of the weekend I had every damn racer in the paddock in line in front my pit for a massage... funniest thing i ever saw. Glad to have her though, my last race i pushed hard, almost fell of the bike from heat exhaustion ( my dad actually caught the bike, i wasnt able to hold it up after i got in to the pits) She laid me down, gave me a massage.... damn that was good..... then my wife walked up.... the massuse (sp?) smiled and got nervous and quit. My wife is 6 ft so i guess the massuse (sp) thought she was "done for". My wife just wanted to learn what it was that was so effective against heat.( yeah.. it was technique... sure...)
    lol damn that wouldve been funny if i hadnt got cut short on my massage.
    Benny

18. gsxracerbenny

gsxracerbenny Well-Known Member

ooopps sorry for double post...

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What double post?

20. gpwannabe

gpwannabe Well-Known Member

I divide my fixin's into 3 categories;

Getting there
    Racing
    Comfort/entertainment.

Getting there;

Misc spares for the truck like hoses and belts possibly water pump or alternator depending upon your vehicle. Bearings for trailer. Anything not racing tool related like a jack that will work with the trailer etc.. Electric light bright enough to be of use during a highway repair. Cell phone. National road atlas. List of handy numbers along the way, parts stores, towing, etc.. Toilet paper(Irratible Bowel Syndrome [​IMG]).
    Fluids for the hauler

Racing;

Bike, helmets, gloves, leathers, boots and balls are means to pay WERA are the essentials. Anything else you can buy/borrow. Keys to above including a spare located in a area that will not be restricted if you lose your car keys. Spare keys to any locks and a hacksaw if using chain to secure bikes to open trailer and forget the spare key to the lock.

Pen and paper are nice to have in a little folder to keep my license and reg. papers and write on while standing in line for an hour because you didn't pre-register like you should have.

Tools to fix your bike but not every tool I own. Spares. If my bike falls over(or you or your pit help drops it), what breaks? If I crash do I have enough spares to race?

Extra oil 1 complete change plus.
    Gas can(s)
    Small container of water

Comfort entertainment;

Coolers with lots of fluids both alcoholic and non.
    Decent food to keep you nourished. Just caus your roughing doesn't mean a nice steak doesn't fit into the plans.
    Something to cook on. I use a Coleman propane stove whoch has one burner and a grill plus griddle for pancakes. I also have a Coleman lantern which uses the same type of gas bottle. Extra mantles for the lantern.
    Matches.
    Cheap rain ponchos for spectators and walking to the can.
    something to make shade/shelter such as a Holliday canopy.
    Several changes of clothes.
    polypropelene underwear incase its cold as my leathers are a bit on the tight side.
    Gojos hand cleaner and brush.
    Latex gloves for keeping hands clean or performing examinations.
    Chairs
    Table
    Somewhere to sleep.
    Something to sleep on.
    Something to do @ night. Dart board, book, beer frisbee, football.
    Somehting to get around the pit area.

Racing is a continous upgrade process. I'm always looking to upgrade something.

Of all the shit bring, I probably use less than 10% any given weekend but its sure nice to feel like a genius when some obscure little part threatens to ruin your weekend until you produce a spare!