1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hows about a what do you bring to the track thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by timmy, Jan 5, 2002.

1. timmy

timmy 00 GSXR-750

What do you guys bring to the track? whats in your truck? trailer? toolbox? spares? cooler? closet? underwear drawer? j/k . . .
    pics, stories, lists lets have at it . .
    lp
    timmy

2. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

Do NOT forget your bike's key. Can make for a shitty first hour. I think of less important stuff later.

3. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

I have a spare in my toolbox [​IMG]

I used to carry three toolboxes (metric for the bike, standard "just in case"), a trunk of spares, extra set or rims & tires, and was equipped to fix any crash damage. I camped a lot, so I built a fold-down bed into the van, took tarps, cooking gear, two & three coolers. At one time I was so anal retentive I packed an MC license plate, in case the truck broke down and I had to ride for repair parts or help. [​IMG]
    At one race, some buddies needed a really large socket to fix a hitch ball... I heard one say "Ask Eric, he brings everything."

I learned the hard way, I don't loan anything I want back. I've caught up with guys at the gate, trying to leave with my tools & spares. Need to borrow a brake bleader? Fine, but it doesn't leave my pit area.
    Now I work most events, when I do get to race, no time for tuning, tweaking & repairs. If health improves & I finally get to return to competing this summer I'll cut my load to a minimum... and then I'll borrow YOUR shit. [​IMG]
    Hook up with a few guys and work together... one packs a drill, the other packs the extension cord, etc.

4. Rev Limit Racing

Rev Limit Racing Well-Known Member

My wife and little girl (Future World Champ) come with me. So an easier question would be. What dont I bring to the track? [​IMG]

5. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

I bring Chuck, the talking iguana. Sometimes I forget him, though, and he gets offended.

6. mracer29

mracer29 Member

Well any good racer knows to safty wire the key to the bike with a long wire so it dont get lost!!!! Sence I am a poor racer, I bring the tent, a pack of bologna and loaf of bread!! All the normal stuff boots, gloves, leathers, and helmet. Oh yea the air matress, a good night sleep before raceday is a must.

------------------
    Dan D.
    Owner: got rice? Racing

7. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

And if you camp at Nelson's be sure to bring a badmitton or tennis racquet to swat the mosquitos

8. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

You'd be suprised how those things get ejected in a crash too.
    I've got one of those coil stretchy things with the clasp now. It stays in the bike at all times except if I leave the track.

9. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

We did bring a swimming pool to the track once. Roebling management didn't like all the water we "wasted". [​IMG]

10. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

have seen more than 1 forget their leathers [​IMG]

11. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

My friends that I pitted with forgot the elbows to the canopy once. That sucked at Roebling in May Could've been worse.
    I keep everything packed all season. I have separate items for just the racetrack. 2 heaters, 2 radios, grease, cleaners, etc... I rarely took spares. Just makes it easier to start drinkin' beer [​IMG]

12. rob600rider

rob600rider THE MAN

Hey nobody mentioned Duct Tape !!

13. rob600rider

rob600rider THE MAN

Oh yeah, I always bring the latest Maxim or FHM

14. Turbo Dog

Turbo Dog Well-Known Member

MONEY...

15. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

Oh man, I got the coolest racer's wife thing for Christmas. It is a cooler on wheels with the lunch box zipped to the top of the cooler. It stands about 3 1/2 feet tall. It's titled the soccer mom cooler made by Land's End. But, it will be broken in at the race track before it hits a soccer field. I'm so excited to take it to the track. Every racer should get his wife one of these. It is going to make life a lot easier this summer. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Laurie Acree (edited 01-05-2002).]

16. still novice

still novice Guest

Lots of Corona and lime

17. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

What's my wife gonna do sitting at home with a cooler/lunch box while twisting herself into some contorted yoga pose? I think Chuck the talking iguana may like it, though [​IMG]

18. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

A race bike, Lots of Beer & a women.

Papa & I both know what to do with the last two

19. Ex CCS Racer

Ex CCS Racer Banned

So that's how you afford it? [​IMG]

20. Bryon K. Dumas

Bryon K. Dumas Well-Known Member

I have spare everything. Even spare engine cases. Biggest problem I have is finding someone in the pits who knows how to fix bikes [​IMG].