1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much does it actually cost to grid up and race?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by eggfooyoung, Jan 13, 2011.

1. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

No tires?

2. Kyle827

Kyle827 Well-Known Member

Yea that would be with no tires :D

You could do the race school etc and one sunday race, then get tires next race and spread it out over two weekends. I guess it comes down to how fast you want to go and what you got to spend. I was just saying bare minimum figures. Like I said I spent 805 lol plus beer fuel and food but I also didn't "have" to.

3. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

I usually run at the front 25% of amature middle weights. For me I do 4-5 Races a weekend (~$250-300). I buy at least 1 set of tires... sometimes I have to buy a set and a rear (~$400-$600).

Stop! Right there that is a minimum of $650 with a maximum of $900. That doesnt include gate fees, gas to and from the track, tolls, gas for bike...etc.

Lets just say this, if you get away with a $400-$500 dollar weekend this weekend... next weekend it will be $800-$900 for sure. Bike needs tires man.

4. Kyle827

Kyle827 Well-Known Member

Yep I agree I was just saying you "could" do it for that amount. With one race a weekend you could make tires last a few weeks. I know it was just scary for me to see 1000 bucks a week when really you "can" do it for less depending how much you race and how fast you chew da rubbers up :D

5. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

:stupid:

Even if I leave out the cost of food, it would only be like $50 or so less. Probably the best bet would be ESS. I hear they don't need tires every weekend.