1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot water burns at McDonalds part duh

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by L8 Braker, Oct 10, 2018.

1. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

2. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

3. condon66

condon66 Member well known

I hope karma gets this fucking leech.

crashman likes this.
  4. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'd shut the fucking business down before I gave her a fuckin nickel.

crashman likes this.
  5. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

I’m tired of the old hot coffee case being used as an example of a frivolous lawsuit. McDonald’s deserved to lose that one if you look at the facts of the case. They had internal memos dating back years stating that the coffee was too hot and a lot of documented internal debate about the safety of it. I don’t know anything about this case, so I’ll reserve judgement. Partial thickness burns though? Sounds like they might be up to their old tricks that lost them the first case.

6. Venom51

Hot water is hot...news at 11.

Stupid is still stupid...news at 10...if you can count that high.

BigBird and crashman like this.
  7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

What's the max temp that coffee won't burn you? 110 F? That's where I'd serve it. In a cup with the complainant's picture, along with the words, "This cold cup of coffee was brought to you by these idiots"

BigBird likes this.
  8. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

She also put that cup between her legs in the car and took the lid off. Why would you do that with any hot drink? as if at 150 degrees she wouldn't have still sued

9. Venom51

Because you can't put your homeopathic, gluten free, organic chocolate substitute powder into your cup with the lid on it.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No. Coffee should be brewed at 200 degrees give or take 5. So it is not too hot for coffee when it is at 180-190 degrees.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The memos were idiotic for sure.

As for the temp - hot water for tea should be just under boiling, coffee should be at least 180 when served.

12. SGVRider

Getting emotional huh? Is it that time of the month for you? Read the facts of the case. The legal system awarded her money for a reason. Don’t like it, oh well. The people on the jury disagreed and McDonald’s never got it overturned after doubtlessly appealing.

Yeah, shut down the business before you give her a dime, stop your revenue stream when you need money for lawyers. Great idea. Then they’ll pierce the corporate veil, get a default judgement and take everything you own.

13. Venom51

No...I could careless about her or McDonald's. I'm just tired of bullshit lawsuits in general. Mostly I am tired of protecting the stupid via lawsuits.

K51000 likes this.
  14. SGVRider

That wasn’t the only problem. They also had a documented history of injuries for which they apparently never took corrective action. From what I remember, in the morning they also used and served water heated far ABOVE the normal temperature in order to clean the machines. All of which were concerns in their own internal documents.

15. SGVRider

Businesses do stupid things too, and shouldn’t be protected from their stupid either. It cuts both ways. Most of these huge judgements get vastly reduced on appeal anyway, it just makes for great headlines in the modern outrage cycle.

16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Fixed it.

17. Venom51

Which is all fine and dandy but if I just paid you to hand me a cup of "hot" water I have assumed the risk when I said..."I'd like a cup of hot water please.". If I fail to safely handle the hot water I ordered how is that the fault of the corporation from which I just bought it? The employee didn't pour a cup of hot water on her. If so we would be having a different discussion.

crashman likes this.
  18. joec

joec brace yourself

Then you reform another llc, apply for credit, and just start the same stupid as before.

19. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

So if you accepted a glass of superheated water from a company and it blew up in your face then you would be okay with it?

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

"Could NOT care less". If you could care less, by default, you'd care, at some level, which you appear not to do based on your tone.

condon66 and TSWebster like this.