1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot water burns at McDonalds part duh

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by L8 Braker, Oct 10, 2018.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I have already done it. You still here!

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What are you trying to argue? That coffee should be between 135 and 150? You're wrong. That is wasn't a bullshit lawsuit that got determined on emotion not law or common sense? You're still wrong. That McDonalds should be at fault because 190 degree coffee or water will burn you? You got it - still wrong.... :crackup:

FWIW - I am a coffee brewer. Every morning. My coffee pot brews at 190-200 degrees. Into an insulated pot. It stays over 180 degrees until I pour it (that changes as I drink more of it of course as the cold air going in changes the coffee temp). So this coffee brewer says 190 is just fine.

3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Agree to disagree, but you need some reading comprehension as I never said most of waht you posted, do accept the 190 tho.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Yeah, at a restaurant. Woman decided she was going to open the lid, between her legs, while sitting in a car. The only thing this lawsuit did was award stupid, which you seem to be okay with. It doesn't matter if it was served at 180° or 100°, if you're stupid enough to put hot liquid between your legs you deserve a Darwin award, not a settlement.

K51000 likes this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Nope...if you tried it with brewed coffee then you have failed. The impurities introduced when brewing coffee makes super heating it pretty much impossible. But keep thinking you have it all figured out.

6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

That I would agree with.

7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

cite please

8. Venom51

Nope...you claimed to have it all figured out. Do your own research.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You girls are just getting boring at this point.

10. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

212 for me :)
    When water boils coffee goes in it. Drinking as hot I can handle.

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Or proof that people have become too stupid to actually serve on a jury...

K51000 likes this.
  12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

That would be evidence, not "proof". :D

scottn and crashman like this.
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

14. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

:D

I feel bad for the kid, but it falls into the "shit happens" category of life to me.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Parents should be checked by DFACS for putting their children in danger like that.

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Couldn't find anything, kinda sad for a computer guru especially with all the youtube videos showing it.

https://www.thoughtco.com/how-superheating-works-609436

"Other liquids besides water exhibit superheating. Even impure homogeneous liquids, such as coffee or saline, may undergo superheating. Adding sand or dissolved gas to a liquid provides nucleation sites which will minimize the chance that superheating will occur."

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

While the explanation is interesting, it would seem that odds of those conditions occurring at your average fast food emporium would be remote.

19. Venom51

It's harder than he thinks...

20. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I made myself a cup of coffee the other day, and it was way too hot, so I just put the coffee cup in the cup holder and waited for it to cool down.