1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot water burns at McDonalds part duh

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by L8 Braker, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

How are you ever going to sue anyone doing foolish shit like that?

crashman and dtalbott like this.
  2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I poured 32oz of cold wawa coffee into a cup. Went to pay and they wanted $3.99!!!!
    Said "NO EFFING WAY!!". Went and got the same cup filled with hot coffee... was only $1.49

Who do I sue?? Can someone get me in touch with Babuskas or Cooks attorneys? :D

dtalbott likes this.
  3. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I never said anything about how difficult it was, want to try again as you said it was unpossible.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I never realized that was actually a word.

5. Venom51

Have you managed it yet? Keep hanging on to your thread of hope. You are still wrong.

6. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yes, I did it way back when I first got a microwave. Someone told me it was the best way to reheat cold coffee so i tried it. Superheated coffee.

How many times do you need to be told of my correctness?

7. Venom51

And we are just supposed to take your word for that? I bet you tried to dry your shirt in there as well.

We are going to need to see your medical file from a prominent hospital describing your wound care before we can acknowledge your success in super heating coffee. Burning your tongue when you drank it does not count.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  8. intrcptrrdr

intrcptrrdr Well-Known Member

Strictly speaking, this isn't the way things get cold.

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I have never heard about drying a shirt.

Superheating coffee evidence has been posted and you have yet to refute it. When you first posted it was out of ignorance which is common, people don't know what they don't know. But since the justification has been posted, your posts are just out of plain stupidity.

Class dismissed.

10. Venom51

A written paragraph is not proof of anything other than finding an article online. By that standard of proof aliens are in fact real as indicated here. You still need to be in class.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No? Heat won't transfer from the liquid to the air equalizing their temps in the thermos?

12. intrcptrrdr

Yes. But that isn't what you said.

Or at the very least you could have been more careful in how you said it.

Heat flows from warmer to colder and stops at equilibrium.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm confused. When I pour 20 ounces of coffee out of the pot, that is replaced by 20 ounces of air which makes the coffee in the pot colder than it was prior to pouring. How is that wrong or confusing?

I didn't say it would make the coffee cold, I said it would change the temp of the coffee. I guess if you overthought it you could think somehow I meant it could get warmer but I thought mentioning cold air (cold comparatively to the coffee) would cover that possibility.

14. intrcptrrdr

In thermodynamics it is odd to discuss cold when talking about temperature equilibrium.
    I apologize for the pedantry.
    What you said could have been interpreted as the cold air doing the job, not the warm coffee.

I know you have a lock on the dictionary, but is thermodynamics also in your domain? :)

15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Of course aliens are real.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My domain? When have I purported to be an expert?

Be as pedantic as you like but if you're going to do so at least show me where I was wrong in my statement. The best I see so far is I probably should have used "air colder than the coffee inside the thermos" but seriously, is it necessary to get my point across? Does the cold air make the coffee transfer heat? Probably not, no whips and chains. :D

17. Kelbor

Kelbor Well-Known Member

Oh Jesus guys....this shit again. Let me shed some light on things. But first.... Yes, coffee is best hot. Yes you're and idiot if you spill it on yourself and then sue for that. You're also an idiot for buying crap they call coffee from one of these joints.

The law suit (this one and the famous one years back) hinge on a point of negligence. At some time, some person in the food industry decided the definition of 'Hot' and consumer safety guidelines were created to keep idiots safe. Devices , lets call them rev-limiters, were placed on the coffee/water/tea pots in fastfood joints that keep liquids at this 'safe' temp. The women years ago and presumably the person in this current law suit were burned by liquids that surpassed this limit due to FAULTY rev-limiters in the coffee machine. So, yes, they sue and win because the food joint failed to monitor/repair their faulty equipment properly and someone got hurt. On the case years back, the coffee was found to be literally boiling coming out of the machine. Not sure on the current suit.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Yes it will eventually over time.

19. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Entropy dooms us all.