1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The House impeaches and the Senate convicts. To be removed from office both must happen.
    So yes, Clinton was impeached. But the Senate did not reach a 2/3 conviction therefore Clinton was not removed from office.

And yeah, the LWN that like to whine about "it was over a blow job" are complete and total imbeciles that want to rewrite history.

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm not a democrat, but I feel that a married man ought to be able to lie about a blow job regardless of political affiliation.

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

thank you for clarifying that brex.

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I agree, just not to Congress.

Liars lying to liars. Ironic huh?

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep it was such a nothing that he got disbarred :beer:

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Mayhaps the propriety of even asking should be questioned...

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And the suffering he's endured since then...oh dear, how will he ever support his family? :wow:

:D

8. sheepofblue

I did not mean to imply his punishment fit his crime rather it was not just a Bill Jefferson as that does not get you disbarred (usually)

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I had to read this three or four times before I got it. :D

10. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I wonder how long before Hillary's aids decide to surprisingly commit suicide, in a park?

11. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Yeah, most suicides are well publicized in advance and rarely a surprise.

12. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

It troubles me greatly that I agree with you and Dickie Dix. :D

13. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

You mean people never threaten to commit suicide before hand, never give an indication of depression, or give an indication that they are thinking of harming themselves??

Or was Vince Foster on suicide watch?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was over him lying yes, about a blow job. Something I have absolutely no problem with. Especially given he was lying to Starr.

I also have no problem with his question what they meant by "is" because they were indeed using lawyer speak which ain't nothing like English or American...

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He lied in a deposition didn't he? Not to Congress - although I have no problem with people lying to Congress either. Them being able to call people to task like they're the judicial branch is bullshit and a waste of time whenever they do it.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Like he's going to be a lawyer again anyway. Another useless bit of bs in that entire debacle.

17. sheepofblue

Actually it was the state bar following procedure. He could have since applied to get it reinstated but like you said why be a lawyer when you can just shake people down instead (for more).

Further I believe it was Pirate Kansas and he lives in NY now I think.

18. kangasj

kangasj Banned

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

First - love pirate kansas.

And yeah, it makes sense to me he wouldn't bother getting it back. Same for Michelle Obama. No real point in being licensed right now.

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It's part of our system of checks and balances. Congress must be able to compel testimony in order to determine if laws have been broken.
    The judicial system doesn't fulfill that function.