1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Hillary Clinton used personal email address for State Department business: report

The unofficial email usage came to light two weeks ago after a House committee investigating the attacks on the consulate in Benghazi received 300 of Clinton’s emails from the State Department, the paper reported.

A couple of months before that, aides for the former First Lady went through her correspondence and gave the State Department 55,000 emails to comply with federal record-keeping practices and laws that require that national records are archived.

The Times said Clinton, who stepped down in 2013, never had a government email address and her correspondence wasn't preserved, despite requirements by the federal Records Act.

“Personal emails are not secure,” Thomas Blanton, director of the National Security Archive, a government transparency advocacy group, was quoted as saying. “Senior officials should not be using them.”

The digital delinquency immediately sparked online reactions, with comments from both sides of the aisle slamming the apparent flouting of rules — and wondering how the lack of an official email address didn’t come to light until now.

Many noted the Clintons’ long-held disposition toward secrecy and some described the revelation as “shocking” and worse.

2. June-yer

June-yer Well-Known Member

Water/Duck's back

But, I think I'm starting to like her prospects.

3. joec

joec brace yourself

is that another word for kankle?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Someone at the State Department is gonna lose their job over this but she'll be just fine. She'll lie it away.

5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

slow news day out there. cept not really. waiting to see what kinda shitstorm netanyahu sparks up.

6. IYC's trying to do what he can to stop the inevitable. :D

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It should be a pretty good one. There has been alot of puffing and posturing by both sides. The main difference is if it gets shitty I think Netanyahu will go through with what he says and Obama will crawfish.

8. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Funny how the liberal left tried so hard to stifle his speech.

9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Thanks for helping me learn something new today. I had no idea crawfish could be used as a verb.:clap:

10. Sweatypants

you coulda learned that word usage from Tombstone... one of the Top 5 movies of all times.

and yea... Israel's dynamic is a real interesting one politically. it pulls on the heartstrings of dems with respects to everyone ganging up on them, but then pushes those strings away with how they treat palestinians. then on the other hand, the old war hawk repubs love them because they love the prospects of war. and then they also appeal to a bunch of the right because of the whole rapture and holy land bullshit. at the same time i'm sure a large swath of the right is either closeted or semi-openly anti-semetic. so its conflicting for them too. whole bunch of confused people out there haha. thanks israel!

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Why does this thread have me thinking about Monty Python...:D

12. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

You seem knowledgeable on the topic, do PM's from other countries get to address congress in the manner? or does Israel get the special treatment for reasons you stated above.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's happened before. What makes this different is that the guest is at odds with the administration. I heard an interesting analogy today. It's as if the Democrats had invited the French president to speak to Congress about the invasion of Iraq in 2003. Probably wouldn't have gone over well with the Republicans.

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Self projection from the left :confused: There are many in prominence from the left that are anti-Semitic including Al Sharpton who has been to the white house many times.

Of course there are a couple of outliers on the right such as David Duke who was disavowed by his party and has faded to the irrelevance he deserves (rather than a network job)

15. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Thanks,
    I'm having a hard time caring WTF Netanyahu has to say, the Fox news listeners at work say we have to support Israel and when I ask why I get a blank stare in return, they are just regurgitating talking points without any basis.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

One of my big regrets is not being knowledgeable enough about the region when I sat in a classroom and had the opportunity to ask him some questions after a lecture he gave. I wish I could have that back.

17. Sweatypants

Fox (republican) are saying we have to support them because they wanna fuck Iran if they can get a chance and have doomsday holy land fantasies about sending young men off to die for the cause. Israel fits that mold for them like the good little helper it is. dems are angry because Israel treats Palestinians like shit and Netanyahu is a warmongerer conservative (in the Israeli political system sense) and its pulling on the heartstrings of injustice and non-conflict against the oppressed... of which, i guess the left has more or less taken up the cause for more or less universally.

if you have teenage kids right now... i hope for your sake McCain never actually gets any type of power. listening to him speak on the matters of war and foreign policy send shivers up my spine. he's who i think of when i think of "Fox" and this topic particularly with the type of shit that comes out of his mouth. you'd think a dude who went thru an actual war wouldn't be so quick on the trigger in his twilight... i guess not.

18. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

I totally agree, I'm no Obama fan but if McCain won 2008 I'm convinced we would already be in WW3.

19. Yep. Or at the very least, engaged in significantly more conflict than we are now.

Seatypants, your descriptions of Israel are cracking me up.:up:

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

While I'm not anti-Semitic and do not wish Israel ill will, and also being too lazy to research it, how did the US become the watchdog and guardian of Israel all these decades?