1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hammer....dropped

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by prospected, May 9, 2017.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Yeah, I dont believe he is playing some sort of 235,050 dimension chess. If he is he is terrible at it.

He should have quietly gone about his job. He is giving the fire fuel. If he had just been quiet and made the changes the left would be considerably more unhinged and they would have no recourse. Now they sniff that single drop of blood in the water and the sharks are circling.

Meanwhile we keep getting fucked with nary a kiss on the check to show for it.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just how is he close to being booted? I keep hearing people say this yet have not gotten a single answer as to how exactly everyone saying it thinks he'll be impeached. So how about it - all you saying he won't last or can't last, give me one single thing you think they could impeach him over. Just one would be nice - and you have to be able to back it up as a real thing. Not imaginary.

cav115 and Robby-Bobby like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree he isn't playing some subtle game but what exactly is the fire doing to hurt him? Media will bitch about him no matter what he does or says, that's a given at this point. Even without the tweets they're going to keep making up shit - so what harm is he doing to himself? What is this recourse the left has that you're talking about? What has he gotten done that they're going to overturn or the like due to his tweets and goofy shit he's said?

As for fucked, I'm being fucked the same now as before he got elected. No change in my lack of a reach around from the government.

4. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Anyone in your family or do you have any friends that are Dem, or you only align yourself with Repubs?

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Racer, one thing that we have to admit is that most people keep supporting Trump because he's all the hell we've got. He got elected because he promised to do things that a ton of people would like to see happen and the fact that actually completing his promised agenda was pretty well impossible didn't matter. Voting for your favorite person is, and has always been, an emotionally triggered event. Even I, who voted for the SOB, keep hoping that he'll turn the corner and become this calm, thoughtful, and pragmatic leader that gets some of his good ideas passed into law so I continue to support him while firmly holding my nose. That support is failing quickly and I'm thinking that Pence is looking pretty good right now. :beer:

6. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Not sure why you want to know but I'll share. Several family member and some of my best friends are Democrat voters. I've watched several of them change this election, some even voted for Trump who have never voted R before. Others are converting to R post election because they see how the D party has left them. Lately I've heard some of them saying they are completely done with the D party because of the same nonsense that's being talked about here.

EDIT: I've watched a few of them that used to call themselves liberals, now are completely embarrassed by the term and don't consider themselves a liberal anymore.

Sorry to inform you but this whole talk of impeachment and daily tantrums is going to backfire spectacularly on the D party. It's all complete nonsense and America is tired of it. The D party has lost 1,000 seats over the last 8 years because they are the extremist leftwing communist party and that 1,000 seats and the oval office is not the end of it. They don't represent working class taxpaying America anymore. They have nothing but racebaiting, extremist ideas and even right now are doing nothing but trying to dismantle the POTUS. How is that helping America? In spite of the media, we see what is happening and they are losing more voters by the minute.
    :beer:

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Switch Republican and Democrat and one could quite easily ask you that question...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He wasn't calm, thoughtful or pragmatic when you voted for him - what in the world did you think would change? His support from his fans hasn't fallen any that I've seen.

jeffr1ey likes this.
  9. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

I was asking cause you and few on here have a real hatred for Dems. It's almost as if you see someone in trouble, hurt, or in need of help, the first question you would ask is "Are you a libtard?"

Friends that I ski with as well as some people at my place of work aren't supporting Trump anymore because of his childish behavior, so it works both ways.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, I was amazed at how busy that "Trump supporter" was. Hell, that SOB was everywhere. :D

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

No...we don't hate a "Dem" as a person. We hate the thought processes or lack there of that causes them to identify themselves as a "Dem".

Also don't think that everyone that is "happy" that Hitllary is not the president is necessarily "happy" that the angry sweet potato is the president.

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

A couple of things comes to mind about Trump. Even though he's always been rather closely related to a family of squirrels he was, in fact, our only candidate besides Hillary and Sanders so, since neither of those two met my personal muster, I voted for him. Secondly, I also had hopes that all the squirrel type activity during the election cycle would fade away after his win. So far it hasn't. And I disagree with you on the issue of continued support. From what I've read and heard, many voters, and people in leadership positions, are losing faith in Trump because all the current kind of Trump conflicts don't seem to be going away and it's not likely that they ever will. He continues to bring those issues on himself for the most part.
    Example, He fires Comey, then issues a veiled threat concerning his possession of "tapes" that he'll release if Comey talks about the firing. Example, Trump meets with Comey and states "Can't you just make the Flynn investigation go away since he's a good guy?"

No, he didn't order Comey to do anything but, when the President "suggests" something it's generally understood that that event needs to happen. He's simply throwing the weight of his office around expecting everyone to jump when he speaks. Either of those two happenings, if proven, constitute interference of justice. Even the President doesn't have that privilege.

I'm telling you, Trump is digging a hole for himself that he will not be able to climb out of.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you keep saying but I'm still not seeing it. He's batshit sure but he's not breaking any laws that I can see. No one who really supports him gives a shit what he told Comey. No one who hates him truly cares either, they're already calling for Trumps head. I'm just not seeing anything that makes a difference in anything.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

It's not the why. It's the who.

15. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

jace, do not mistake what so many of us "conservatives" feel about liberal minded folks. Much of it isn't "hatred" especially but rather it's not being in favor of the way so many liberal folks think. Much of the liberal thought patterns go immediately emotional rather sticking with logical thought. Using your example, most people would stop and help someone in trouble, or injured, including conservatives but the difference is that we conservatives, unlike liberals, don't insist that all of society take that injured, or troubled, person to raise by supporting them for the rest of their lives.
    You're right. So far, he hasn't been caught in any impeachable actions. Comey does have the memo that he wrote, and discussed with some higher echelon FBI, about Trump "suggesting" that Comey should make the Flynn investigation go away. So far Comey is sitting on it. I don't know if it's anything that will cause Trump any problems down the line or not but Trump sure as hell cannot keep his ignorant ass mouth shut and is using threatening language toward Comey so I fear that he will continue to pop off, which will keep the fires burning, and eventually give orders to someone for something that will land his ass in deep, hot water. Trump just simply doesn't know how to use his brain before leaping into those fires.

Don't get me wrong. I still support Trump and he's still a better choice than the alternatives that we had at election time, but I'm getting really tired of all the ignorance flowing out of Washington and I want to see it end. :(

mtcam77 likes this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Meh...if Comey is such a prolific note taker, subpoena ALL his notes. I'm sure there is info there that will be of interest.

badmoon692008 and cav115 like this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And then show me the corroboration to the contents of his notes...

badmoon692008 and cav115 like this.
  18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I've been married to a Democrat for 37 years. Both my sisters and all their extended families are Democrats. My mother is a Democrat.
    At family gatherings, I'm the only conservative present.
    I think I get what they're all about.

19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

20. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Though I think they have got his focus off which would be a win for progressives. During the election he was good at putting a slap down on the media then turning focus to what he wanted. Currently that does not seem to be the case but then I turn most of it off as it will happen as it does without me :Pop: