1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grom

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Is this for more power, or to correct for the pipe? Or both?

I just threw the Yosh pipe on mine, and have been riding it. Would be nice to get a little more oomph. No chassis work yet. I like it to be nice and plush for the street....so far, anyway.

2. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

My wife just bought one of these, and I've been riding it quite a bit. This is the most fun I've had on a bike on the street in a long time. It definitely could use some suspension work, tires, and a little more "go". What would be a good place to start with gearing for a stock motor? Would like a little bit more acceleration, willing to sacrifice a little bit of top end. It is mainly for street use and as a pit bike. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any where to race these up here in New England.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I think about transition from the DRZ400SM to a Grom. It fits better on the new truck with the Decked system. The last few years with a SUV meant that the DRZ sat.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

The finbro will auto-tune based off of the stock O2 sensor. I would say it works quite well. (Needs the pcx150 injector though)

I run -1 in the front, the pull is nice across the range and I top out at 78 down hill in full tuck.

Uphill where the revs dropped before, I can still do 50-55. That is the biggest plus I'd say

BigBird and Gino230 like this.
  5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

That whole mod would be about $200, which is a good bang for the buck- @Phl218 What is the deal with cold starting? it makes it too rich?

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

No, it just gets rid of the initial rev-lift. I always get mine started and get going right away or hold it at 2k for a bit. It's just that it doesn't do it automatically anymore.

So you cannot just push the button and let it idle for a while you have to hold the throttle a little bit, otherwise it will die right away but only when it's cold

BigBird likes this.
  7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

From has jumped the shark

8. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I jump speed tables with mine.

9. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

Well ....... I popped the motor in the XR100 at the track this weekend. So I ran out and bought a Grom, two actually (picked up one my brother bought). Wife wasn't super pleased with my "repair plan" lol. After spending a little time riding around the back roads with a couple of Grom's the only thing we could come up with was ...... "why didn't we get these sooner".

10. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

Any feedback on these yet? I'm planning these for my Z also. I planned on getting from Summit Racing for $79 and 73.

11. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Your screw-up there was you got a Grom for you, picked up a Grom for your brother, and did not get a Grom for your wife.

12. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

So, are there any changes to the '17 and newer other than bodywork? A quick search of cycletrader and it seems like they're going cheaper than used ones are. I'm seeing plenty for $2900 but I'm sure there a ton of bullshit fees tacked onto that when you're finally out the door.

13. Past Glory

Red brake calipers! I have seen a crankshaft bearing upgrade kit on the Hard Racing site that is for the per 2017's only, so perhaps that is something. The exhaust pipe is different, though I don't think there's any performance difference.

14. Scotty87

What did you guys end up paying for yours OTD? I see new prices going from around $2800-$3500 for new ones. Barely any used for sale that I can see, but I haven't looked real hard.

15. Past Glory

OTD: $3,557

16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Around here, you can get a pristine second hand for like CAD 2400$ with 500 miles on the clock and an affamaket exhaust. That's like 1700$ to you Yanks.

17. Scotty87

Well goddamn, dude. Ima be inVamcouver in a few weeks, recon I can sneak one on the plane?

BigBird likes this.
  18. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Strap your luggage on it, claim it is a luggage roller?

19. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Not yet putting them on this Sat.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

i paid 3800 but that was like 2 years ago during GromMania