1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grom

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Ok. That is badass.

2. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Do it!!!!

Nick_OMC and Gorilla George like this.
  3. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Seriously considering one. What do people do for wheel stands? I see full size stands with crazy adapters to fit the smaller size of the Grom. I have a set of Pit Bulls for my CBR but I’ll sell that bike. I’m trying to downsize because my family has grown but my garage has not.
    Are there smaller stands out there?

4. I use PitBull stands on The Grom. The rear stand has the things that you can flip over and you can put the tabs under the swingarm.

It is very stable and out of the way when putting the warmers on.

BigBird likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

I bought one of the ones from cycle world. While it works, it has scratched the swingarm

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

They make adapters for the rear swing arm of the Grom that allow for the mounting of swing arm stand spools. I think Yosh makes them.

So I just use a pit bull stand on mine.

I use my second Trs to transport my Grom to MiniGP events too.

Past Glory likes this.
  7. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Yes, it's Yosh. I have them on mine.

8. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I have TRex adapters on mine. The Yosh ones replace the end caps on the swingarm chain adjusters and I don't think they will work well for changing wheels so I went for the ones that clamp around the swingarm.

upload_2018-6-28_9-37-2.jpeg

upload_2018-6-28_9-37-33.jpeg

t11ravis likes this.
  9. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

They've worked fine for me for the two sets of tires I've replaced on mine.

10. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ I stand corrected then. I figured with as poorly fitting as the adjusters are and the way the end cap sits in that it would not stay put when you remove the axle. Do they have a nice flat that extend back into the swingarm a bit or something with a tight fit?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    t11ravis and sharky nrk like this.
  12. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

My dad's dealership just posted that they have the monkeys on the floor. I want one.

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

$4k for a Monkey...ummm missed again Honda.

14. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I think they'll sell a ton. It's more money than a Grom, but it's metal, not plastic. I need one.

15. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Give it a year or two, used price will be right in line.

16. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

anyone ridden the new Benelli? friends bought two of them and say they are quite a bit faster (a bit bigger motor and an extra gear in the tranny). but also a bit bigger and who knows what kind of aftermarket support and OE support.

might head to the north GA 50cc True Grits ride/rally and see what's up there. I assume every variety of play bike will be in attendance.

17. Grom.

That is all.

18. Livengood is putting a new clutch in mine right now. We really don't know what kind of HP that motor makes, because the OEM clutch can't handle it. At first he was only able to get it to 6k rpm. Then he put some stiffer springs in, and was able to get it to 8.5k or so.

Even falling short of max RPM it made 23hp. :D

Should be a blast.

BigBird likes this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Instead of selling one of the Duc's (which you will in probably the next 6 hours as they are old) have Livengood install the Duc motor in the Grom. MOAR power :D

20. WERA 904

WERA 904 Well-Known Member

Mine makes 22hp. It's a lil beast!