1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grom

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Aug 9, 2014.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I was wondering who was gonna point that out.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

not exactly confidence inspiring for a full sized adult. :D We were riding in a pretty large parking lot and after losing either end a bunch of times I let someone else chance putting the borrowed grom on the ground...lol. Eventually someone lost the front taking out the rear set, turn signal, and headlight.

3. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

What engine mods do you have in addition to the ECM and PCX injector?

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

none, aside from the removed airbox snorkel and a full yoshi

oh, and a 8lbs high temp magnet on the oil drain bolt.
    that screen was full of chips at the last (my first) change ... might have been the grom's first change at all. rolled over the 3000 mile today arriving at work.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Chippy chips and the MAGNET

Attached Files:

BigBird likes this.
  6. AJ

AJ Well-Known Member

I could not find more info on the HRC Grom (availability, price, etc). Anyone know more on this ? Ohlins rear as standard!
    [​IMG]

7. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

this thread needs gokart champs!

8. Past Glory

With 'Chaotic' claiming 22 horsepower, I'd say he stands in the way of anyone wanting that particular trophy. That's some serious upgrade there.

9. It is legit. :D

In 1st and 2nd gears it will power wheelie. :crackup:

BigBird, Sabre699 and Phl218 like this.
  10. dtalbott

This might be my favorite Chaotic quote.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Why? I don't get it. Haha

12. The thing about my Grom, is that it effectively just leveled the playing field against the tinkerbells. At 215lbs (without gear), and kinda broad, I was struggling. And using the 7lbs=1hp formula, against the kids I was essentially racing with negative HP. :D

Even after my motor build, at the GNF little Jigalov was still pulling me a little on the straights on the Grom he was riding. I struggled to even stay in his draft.

I found lines that would let me stay at full throttle 90% of the time, and I could make up a lil time in the corners, but then he would repass me on the straights.

We battled hard and it took 2-3 laps for me to finally make a pass that stuck through the next straight. It was a blast.

13. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

part costs almost as much as the bike but you can't really remember

14. Haha. I'm sure if I was too add up the motor, exhaust, rearsets, suspension, tuner, and other shit, I've probably got over twice as much in aftermarket bullshit as I do the bike itself.

But I can't help it. Shits super funny to me. :D

BigBird likes this.
  15. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

For tires, I ended up with Dunlop TT93 100/90f and 120/80r on a Z125. Same wheel sizes as Grom. Stock front tire size, higher profile rear.

16. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

That's why I'm eyeing the one Ridersdiscount its selling

17. dtalbott

It's a reflection of the perfect racer attitude that everybody wants and few have - "This is what I wanted to add to the bike, this is what I got, and what it cost doesn't matter, because that is what I wanted."

It's perfect.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. Oh. I see. :crackup:

19. Past Glory

What is the daily drivability of such a build like? I've seen the posts of you saying that you use it frequently. It's obviously held up well for you, as there have been "cries of anguish" posts about it being broken down, but how does it get along as an "around town" type of ride? I really love mine for that and am hesitating on motor work. I've knocked out all the chassis "goodies", but nothing, (I mean not even a pipe) motor wise.

20. Not a single issue after sorting the clutch. The OEM clutch had nothing for the motor. But after that, it's been just as good as OEM, only a lot faster. People point at it and smile and shit, then I hurt their feelings. :D

But FWIW, I run VP fuel all the time. I run the VPR in it. When I go see Brian I'll grab 4-5 cans. It gets like 90+mpg or some shit, so it isn't a big deal.

I know it made it non-SS legal for the Grom races, but the everyday enjoyment I get out of it was worth it. With my size, I didn't have a chance in hell with it stock anyway.

And I can still race with the other Groms, I just start dead last and my results don't count. I don't collect any purse/contingency money or anything like that. I don't give a damn about that anyway, I just race it for fun.