1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gallaxy II , III vs I phone 4, 4s

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by chadspaint, Aug 15, 2012.

1. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

The beauty is you can buy an iPhone 5 for 200 bucks, sell your 4S on eBay for over 300 and you get the new phone AND make a couple bucks while you're at it, win-win.

2. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

i still dont see how its worth the $200. If you already have the 4s, and you upgrade it to the OS6, other than the new "look", hardware that 99.9% of the people that use the phone will never notice, its just not $200 worth of improvements.

I have a droid, the wife has the 4s, yes the iphone is "cool", but i cant help but laugh when i do things with my phone and the wife says "make mine do that", when i tell her it cant, she just pooches out her lips.

3. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

THAT would be the ONLY way it'd be "worth it". LoL

Im sorry, i just dont see the hype with Apple. Its not all its cracked up to be. Good yes, but nothing to get a hard on about the way so many of the iphone peeps do.

4. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

i thought i read somewhere it it costs about $160 to make the iphone5.

you are right though, to me its not worth the "upgrade". ill get a new one when mine no longer functions or i smash it.

5. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

Well.. :crackup: The only thing that would be cool is.... Everyone does their waiting list get the phone shipping lined up etc/. And all you get in the mail is a phone.

My way. I go and wait in line for an hour and I'm done.. That simple./ Plus the guy at the store transfers my numbers over and shows me what he knows about the phone and I'm done// Just like that..

Point is the store lied to me and said first come first serve... Then they sold the phone to some guy that walked in at 8 oclock with an appointment.. But they gave the first people there the phone.. Just not me the second guy in line.

It's a fucking sign. Fuck these people and their phone. :crackup:

6. chadspaint

chadspaint Well-Known Member

The carpet between his teeth pole swallower in the store that told me first come first servre also told me I have to go to the store anyway to get my contacts swithced over.. Cause I have an evo.. Is this even true?

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I thought the funniest part of the latest Samsung commercial was the one guys' (who had an S3) parents coming up, as that's who he was saving a spot for in line. Everyone else in line had this look of depression, seeing "old" people waiting in line for the iPhone. :D

8. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

And you know to the average person. A guy who spends $50,000 on a trailer, a motorcycle, a truck to tow it with, leathers, helmet, tools, etc.. and drives all over the country getting hotel rooms and paying $4 a gallon for gas while getting 9mpg.. all to go fast around a racetrack for a few hours.. as a pure hobby. Probably seems way more ridiculous than standing in line for hours waiting for a new phone that comes out once every year.

You guys dont get it, because its not something that interests you enough that you would put that much effort into it. The same way someone who doesnt understand bikes/trackdays/racing wouldnt understand what we do. If those people waiting in line are spending their hard earned money on what they want to spend it on.. and its not bothering you. Then why should you care? Think about it.

I've stood in line for phones & videogame consoles. I've also spent plenty of money/time/effort on the racetrack. I can definitely understand why someone would do either.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Standing in line is a hobby for you guys?

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

It is more then standing in line. It is a meeting of the like minded. They get to stand there discussing the latest in scarf technology, toy cameras, and the best place to get trendy coffee drinks that you have to order in a different language.

HIPSTERS UNITE!!!!!

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Comparing any real phone to iphones is apples to oranges.:D

12. Daekwan

Standing in line isnt a hobby. But being an early adopter of new technology is.

If I want something, then I want it. I might not want to wait risk getting it delivered and play UPS hide-the-package. I might not want to order it and have it show up a month later because its backordered 3-4 weeks. I might not want to spend days reading reviews & commentary about it in tech blogs. I'd much rather take few hours out of my day and just go get it.

13. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If I could order a race weekend and they would deliver everything to my door step I'd do it. Until then I'll do it the only way you can do it currently.

You keep holding own that spot in line and I'll keep pointing and laughing.

14. Venom51

So the 5th version of the same device is now new technology...? :D

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Standing inline is for suckers...all things equal.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Amazing. I've never stood in line for any product. What a unique concept!

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

chad the s3 is a great phone, and you probably ended getting the better phone anyway. Android ICS is pretty awesome and 4.1 should be coming out soon for the s3. Well unless you root it first :D

18. Daekwan

Why so concerned about what I'm or others are doing. I dont understand the fascination with you have.. about how others spend their time & money. But please, feel free to come by and point & laugh around this time next year.. as I'll probably be doing it again.

19. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Could be worse.... it might only have Bold New Graphics for this 'new' version....

:p

20. Venom51

What concern? I just don't understand the desire to sit outside with a bunch of folks for something you can have a week later without the hassle.