1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the road...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jun 1, 2016.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

ToofPic likes this.
  2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Probably some asshole that wouldn't move off the pump when he was done fueling.
    I can't tell you how many times I've got into it with drivers taking breaks on the fuel island.
    You wouldn't eat a meal at the register of a restaurant,but drivers won't move after fueling.
    Pisses me off enough to fight! We got some real idiots with cdl license,that don't deserve to be in a truck.
    rant off..:mad:

dtalbott, OldSchlPunk and 418 like this.
  3. 418

418 Expert #59

Calm down, I'm just trying to complete my 30min. break. :D

dtalbott and ToofPic like this.
  4. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

Chewed a guys ass tonight. No .not literally you nuts.

Foriegner I won't elaborate to be a bit PC.
    Bought a new truck and trailer but can't back it up for shit. After a few minutes of watching him get closer and closer to tearing up mine and the one on the other side I went and did it for him. This seems to be happening more n more.
    Hopefully he takes my advice and goes to practice in an empty lot during the day. Ugh.

ToofPic and auminer like this.
  5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

When did Asian women get into OTR?

K51000 likes this.
  6. Marid2apterbilt

I'd bet Asian women would do a better job than the Russians and Africans that seem to be buying new trucks by the dozens.

ToofPic and dtalbott like this.
  7. Marid2apterbilt

Before Thanksgiving a dum-dum decided to ignore the multiple large signs stating do not follow GPS routing NO trucks. Impassable to large trucks. End up taking 2 wreckers 6 hours to get him off the DIRT mountain road in Southwest Virginia. Then another driver with similar accent did similar on another road. Big ass signs. Turned anyway. Dropped his trailer tandems in a ditch. Had to wait 4 hrs for tow truck.
    Instead of staying with his truck for traffic control "he was blocking the road obviously" he hitched a ride back to the yard where he picked up the load of Xmas trees..

We're doomed I'm telling you.
    If this is the future were all gonna be taken out by illiterate foreigners driving 18 wheelers.

ToofPic and dtalbott like this.
  8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

ToofPic likes this.
  9. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Guys, what's it called when you return to base with an empty trailer after making a delivery?

Deadhead?

10. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Unless something has changed, I don't think this is completely accurate. There is no federal restriction, but it definitely gets complicated for someone driving all over the country as you have to abide by all state and local regulations, not to mention the trucking company may also have its own restrictions. You could get a CCW that covers most of the country but you'd still be screwed traveling through certain states or cities, such as NYC or DC.

11. ToofPic

I never give anyone a reason,or permission to check my bag,but no amount of rules a company has is worth my defense.
    Plus,make me feel like a man :flag:

12. dtalbott

Unless they just want to kill me, I don't need a gun. No way I'm fighting them for the truck or trailer, unless the company wants to pay me to protect it and purchase a gun for me.

13. dtalbott

And Google says you are correct, and I was always told I could not.

14. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Good chance it has been a policy at the companies you have worked for.

dtalbott likes this.
  15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I saw one in a Werner truck a couple months back.

Scary shit!

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

How do these guy's get their licences when the can't hardly read or speak english ? My wife does all the transportation for a small manufacturer and she's constantly getting drivers that can't speak english. Has a bitch of a time trying to get them to understand where they need to go to get to the dock.

17. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Was she hot?

ToofPic likes this.
  18. ToofPic

Beat me to it...I see a lot of Asian men and women teaming out of California.
    They are usually getting back hauls going back when I have seen them.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

So those trucks that look like they are driverless may in fact just have Asian drivers?

Razr likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm sure there are allowances for language. The biggest draw for employers is that these guys have clean driving records (since they've only had a license for a short time) and they work cheap.