1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frivolous lawsuit against Keigwins trackday organization:gofundme link

Discussion in 'General' started by duc995, Mar 13, 2018.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Pussy :Poke:

Gorilla George and Mot Okstef like this.
  2. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

It's really fucking weird. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult for someone to stop hitting the return button, but apparently it is for him.

Gorilla George and 418 like this.
  3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Must be a typing fetish or something.....

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

May.
    Be.
    He.
    Talks.
    Like.
    That.

scottn and TLR67 like this.
  5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Posting on the phone does that. Space is close to
    Return and going
    Back sucks on the small
    Keyboard

6. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

No way is he trying to hit space and missing every single time. I'm typing this on a phone and not hitting return at all. Also, you could always look up two inches to see if it looked right. Dude can't write for shit, that's all.

rd400racer and Phl218 like this.
  7. This whole thing is ridiculous. He (by his own words) supposedly saw a slower rider in front of him and ran off the track to avoid hitting said rider.

After looking at the picture/video, the only words that pop into my head are "WTF man?". Look at the HUGE area on BOTH sides of the "slower rider". The dude was in the middle of the track, he could have easily went around him on either side. Not to mention when he is running off the track, he is at least 50' from the slower rider. At that point he had plenty of time to make a decision on which way to go around him.

The fact is that he came in too hot for his skill level, freaked out, didn't know what to do, and just ran off the track for no fucking reason.

....and now he is expected to get paid for doing so.

As previously stated, fuck him.

SirCrashAlot, G 97, TLR67 and 3 others like this.
  8. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

It sucks for the guy that the run off was fucked up. I'd be pissed off as well. To be honest, I seldom ride around slow enough on my out lap to study the run-off at a track. Good lesson learned here about that. I typically assume if there are any issues or obstacles to be aware of, I'd hope the track would communicate that with the TD provider, and in turn the TD provider would make the customers aware at the Rider's Meeting. With that being said, it's 100% the rider's responsibility once you sign that waver.

As previously stated by many, fuck this guy. Total dipshit. Didn't "run up" on a slower rider. He flat out ran off the track.

I can only imagine what he's telling his buddies about the "race" he was in when he was blowing by some guy and lost edge grip on the rumble strip which made him crash.

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.
  9. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

This is my biggest take away from this thread/incident. Will 100% of the time take the offer of pre-session sighting laps and use that to not focus on me or the bike but super slow to focus study the runoff. The tdays I've been to they have always been good about communicating track conditions. The given situation is one that I would have expected to be covered in the rider's meeting. Hey guys, we've seen this....be sure to check it out on your sighting/first laps.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. In fairness to the TD org, Ive seen comments from multiple people who were there that weekend, and the sandbags were covered in the Riders Meeting.

...but Daniel Kim did not attend the Riders Meeting.

So not only did he sign the waiver, he also had sufficient opportunity to survey the track and runoff areas himself, and he didn't attend the required Riders Meeting. Not to mention he decided to run off a perfectly good track, and take his chances in the sand.

This shits on him.

11. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

I was actually just about to ask if anyone has seen anything posted by other riders from that day. Would be curious to see what the opinion is of them would be, since they were on track that day.
    Sucks the sandbags were placed there, altho if the bags were covered in the riders meeting, then definitely this would have tipped off riders to make a quick look on their first out lap. And be in a position to judge if it was worth it or not.
    If he wasn't at the riders meeting then definitely fuck him. I know those pre track meetings can get boring but I've never understood people skipping them. I'd be fine if orgs took a roll call and kept riders off track that skipped it. They go over information that could keep fellow riders safe so skipping it can make that rider a safety issue to others on track.

Gorilla George and code3ryder like this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not only that but if memory serves me correctly, isn't the stretch between T5 and T6 at Laguna where they measure sound with a db tester at trackdays. Ive heard this is where riders generally let off a bit and cruise through there at a lower RPM so as not to set it off.

https://www.southbayriders.com/forums/threads/59281/

13. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Generally this is only true if your bike has aftermarket exhaust (or an r6 due to intake howl). I never popped on my r1.

14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

There seems to be a lot of focus on this not technically being in the runoff area for T5. It's not in the "blown corner runoff", but it does appear to be directly in the "stuffed at the apex runoff". Not sure how the rider standing it up would be any different than being stood up.

I also don't care about anything the rider has to say if he skipped the riders meeting and the sandbags were mentioned.

15. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

:crackup:

LOL! Yup. ;)

16. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

This was my biggest take-away, too - spend more time/attention looking at the runoff in the sighting laps.

I will say, I do think there are some trackday orgs that run sighting laps in the slow/less experienced group at a pace too fast for an inexperienced rider to have a chance to really look around at anything off the track. (Not pointing fingers at Keigwins, I don't know what their sighting laps are like - just something I have observed with others.)

code3ryder likes this.
  17. Phl218

Phl218 .

So:

Better to be a sandbagger than a douchebagger

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Always - however you can be both with some effort :D

19. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it would have made any difference if someone would have pulled that dude out there by his nose and pushed him face first into that sand bag before the session began... judging by the video. He sucks at keeping it on two wheels.... and I crash a lot...lol.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

One takes less effort than the other, depending on the moon and the stars