1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frivolous lawsuit against Keigwins trackday organization:gofundme link

Discussion in 'General' started by duc995, Mar 13, 2018.

1. duc995

duc995 Yep…

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wasn't Keigwins insured?

3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how these things work as I haven't been through one fortunately, but if you don't want to settle, but the insurance company does, will they then cease to represent you and cover legal bills?

4. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

What an asshole

5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Pretty much, no honor. Hiding behind someone that knows loop holes in the law to get him a W.. Fuck that guy. The ONLY reason I could think to sue would be if someone did something super negligent, and even then it wouldn't be against he track or org. running the event.

Fucking girl scouts, what the hell ever happened to men in general? Just pussified I tell ya.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have been through it and that is why you pay for liability insurance, they cover the lawyers and other issues in a lawsuit. Other than some minor expenses for depositions we haven't had to pay for anything out of pocket.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Depositions. Why does that word sound like it means compulsory deposits? :D

8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Pitchfork time. But someone please tell me who's side I'm on. I didn't read the link. Thanks.

joec, Shenanigans, Gino230 and 3 others like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Forced me to leave a lot of brain cells on the table as idiotic as the lawyer on the other side was...

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well hard to tell, we have the track day orgs side of the story, but not the rider's side, but that has not stopped conclusions from being jumped to, torches being lit, pitchforks being sharpened, and trebuchets from being constructed, so situation normal. :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're on the side of the track day company. Guy is suing because he ran off (his fault) and fell down after hitting some sand bags controlling erosion that had been there the entire time he was at the event - which he was totally fine with up until he screwed up.

obcbr and dtalbott like this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I wonder if this is a new owner and he wasn't insured? I thought Kegwins was owned by a husband and wife team whose last name was Kegwin.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The lawsuit actually covers the riders POV clearly. He is suing because of something he ignored until he screwed up. After signing releases saying he knew the risks and accepted them. After doing other laps around the facility and continuing to choose to ride.

14. Boman Forklift

As I recall he first sued Laguna Seca and lost.

duc995 likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The track wouldn't let them rent it without insurance that covers the track as well as the org.

Sweatypants likes this.
  16. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

This happened a long time ago didn't it? I remember reading the story. Guy was acting like an asshat on track. Was warned by staff. The place he ran off was well and truly into the next county and it was almost unimaginable how he even got there without trying.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Laguna may have gotten theirs handled first but they usually sue everyone at once, then you fight them separately.

18. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Evidently, Jay Bowser is not a fan or said track day organization...

Anyone know the "rest of the story" on this one?

I didn't realize Go FUnd Me let you post comments...possibly a whole new world for some.

Gino230 likes this.
  19. Boman Forklift

Thank you for the information. Based on this and what you typed before, doesn't it seem odd he is using GoFundMe, since he must be insured. I'm often willing to try and help here and there, especially on motorcycle issues, but this doesn't seem right?

G 97, Gorilla George and TurboBlew like this.
  20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yeah not exactly "go fund me" appropriate.
    I was thinking the claimant needs to be a headliner on BLACKBALLMEFROMERRYTHANGFUN.com

From arcades to trackdays... that guy should be denied the privilege to anything fun! :D