1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I love the area, too. I’ve had multiple visits, ‘13-‘15, and have been actively searching Zillow for something suitable. I have a couple loose ends to get taken care of in IL, then, going to get real serious about it. Unfortunately, big money has come into that area and given it a false economy, which prices out the locals and commoners. It’s become a place where the local jobs can’t support the cost of living. Metro-Asheville is even worse, so I’ve been looking the opposite direction, over in Murphy.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

That’s just a silly article, and poorly written also. The movie(s) don’t portray the Punisher as a serial killer, the comic books do, and no one gives a shit about comic books anymore...unless you’re a “big bang” nerd.

5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's less about the article and more about the pretty common association cops give themselves with the character and what he represents. There's a decent amount of these guys that are more "punish and enslave" than "protect and serve". I saw a hashtag the other day on social media on a video of a guy football tackling a fat women that said #nobadgenoopinion.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It's a wholly owned subsidiary of #nokidsnoopinion, #noracenoopinion, and #noservenoopinion.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

8. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

You’re reading too much into a simple shirt. Btw, I prefer cops to be bad asses, than spineless wimps needing panic training...like the one that was scared of a dog and shot the woman posted previous.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Bad asses yes, vigilantes no.

10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

They need some cross-training from the USPS to learn
    how to deal with dogs without slinging lead.
    Every dog is not a deadly threat.

BHP41, SuddenBraking and ducnut like this.
  11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Very true. You don't see the mailmen gunning down dogs. They just deal with them. Something I've touched on before, and also very evident in these dog shootings, is that a huge percentage of police are severely under-trained and do not really have the mindset for the job. When confronted with a difficult situation, they don't know what to do so they panic and attempt to hide behind a wall of lead.

SuddenBraking and ducnut like this.
  12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Unions. They supposedly train and "qualify", but what are you going to do about it when they can't shoot straight? The same thing you do when they are 300 lbs and can't chase down a turtle? Give them a car and a radar gun, have them generate revenue.

BHP41, cpettit and ducnut like this.
  13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

That is pure nonsense, you FIRE them, that's what. Unions can't protect you if you fail a firearm test that the State AG guidelines set.

Any legit agency minimally has firearm quals they must pass every 6 months, in NJ it was a 60 rds qual session varying from 1-25 yds. You fail that you can potentially get disarmed til they give you another crack at it, fail that one you're pretty much gone, this is after passing the academy, which also includes similar firearm quals.

I, however, don't know of any agency that has moving targets included in their quals, which is a completely different dilemma than we have here in this story......unless it was some sorta crazy ricochet that killed the woman, the guy majorly fucked up and panicked if he discharged his weapon in her direction, if so, deserves everything he's got coming. RIP to that poor woman.

BHP41 and ducnut like this.
  14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, they get the shit bitten out of them. It's not the best way to handle it and mailmen don't deal with vicious ones they are or could be going after innocents, they call the cops.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There is also the chance that he didn't kill her. Normal lack of facts but long on conclusions. He definitely fucked up but that's about it for now.

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I'm just going by what I read in the article> "She was taken to a local hospital and pronounced dead. Preliminary information shows she was struck by gunfire from the officer, according to the police."

If that was fake news, oh well.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm wondering if there isn't more to it just because she was unresponsive when he got there. Like I said, he fucked up for sure, how bad is hard to say without more info.

XFBO likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think by killing her, pretty damn bad. :D

20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Not a real big fan of someone who was (ostensibly) surrendering getting beaten and kicked so badly in a defenseless position that he loses an eye.

Yes, I realize he *probably* killed his girlfriend and unborn child, but that's for a jury to decide, not a bunch of vigilantes on the street. The fact that stand your ground protects that behavior is fairly mind boggling.