1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

French policemen are required as of January 1 to wear a tag with their badge numbers on their uniforms. The police union has been fighting it like hell.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

French cops are le' douchebags. :D

Mot Okstef likes this.
  4. kangasj

kangasj Banned

5. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

It usually goes like this:

Lawyer (with client in tow): Chief we're here to talk about how Officer X treated my client.

Chief: OK, Let's look at the video.

Video plays.

Lawyer looks at client with a WTF look on his face.

Lawyer: Sorry to have taken up your time, Chief.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

RD, you're biased! :D

7. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Yes, that's exactly how it always goes. What is the Zip Code for fantasy land anyway?

the muffin man likes this.
  8. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I'll bet this is the case most of the time.

But does this info go to the Fusion Centers? I would think so. I think that might change public perception too.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I didn't have time to research the numbers or the project yet because I'm at work (I'll read them later, along with whatever commentary this thread brings). Lots of times these facebook meme type things are exaggerations or just outright lies because most people are too lazy to do any sort of research at all.

10. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Ah, I see. The information in the links seems legit...

11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I'm sure the drop in complaints had nothing to do with people's inability to make stuff up either right?

12. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Mmm, I suppose that's possible but if you read the first article, it sounds like the police were behaving better...

"When you know you're being watched you behave a little better. That's just human nature," said Farrar. "As an officer you act a bit more professional, follow the rules a bit better."

"Cameras made officers more careful about using force."

"With a camera they are more conscious of how they speak and how they treat people."

13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Without a doubt there are a lot of things the individual officer can do to escalate or de-escalate a situation. I've heard some of the stories my wife brings home (SD) and it makes me cringe. Granted most of the people they deal with are complete assholes, but better to take the high ground than sink to their level imho.

14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I would think it's both.
    No doubt there are many false complaints, which people won't make if they know they aren't going to fly, but I'm sure it affects the way some cops act because they know their actions can be reviewed.
    I think it's a good idea for the protection of both parties.

15. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

Everyone behaves better when they know theyre being watched. Doesnt matter what profession youre in.

boxcrash likes this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If I was on camera I'd have to start wearing pants:wow:

17. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

The city cops here have them.

18. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

kind of works both ways doesn't it? Someone who knows he/she is video taped behaves better as well. Right??

19. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I'm sure the obnoxious drunk who would have probably gotten a beat down really gives a shit he is being video taped :)

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Just to play devil's advocate, suppose one of the police officers hesitates because he's on camera and gets himself or somebody else shot because of it.