1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Range time will never help out one iota in the situation you are bitching about. Your buddy the super elevator repair man would suck under the same conditions the cops were in - most likely worse than they did even with all of his practice and skill at shooting as they are actually used to the adrenaline dump when in a chase situation.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Cops don’t get into gunfights for a living.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Stop trying to interject facts into this fiasco.

4. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

apparently the do according to that video??? *shrug*

the old...
    "when's the last time you fired your service weapon?"
    "yearly qualifying"

haha man you dudes like to argue about nothing, christ. you win, he can not practice and get dumped on by some dude and leave his wife a widow... i. don't. care. and yet i can't not respond to a comment directed at me and its making me annoyed at myself.

5. Sweatypants

also, just a tidbit... the adrenaline dump hits you real hard the first few times you get into a ring with gloves on. 1000 yard stare, eyes lose focus, breathing accelerates for no reason, you get tense, tense muscles make them tired and slow, your mind is mush, you get frustrated taking jabs...

you literally practice and spar over and over and over so that your body's memory pushes thru that. that's literally the point of training/practicing haha. you guys...

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do you spar with a live person hitting you back, or do you spar with one of those rubber dummies that just sit there?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Boxing does not equal gunfight. Try to come up with a better analogy. The vast majority of cops never get into a combat situation on the job.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. Sweatypants

live

body chemical reaction still the same

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm gonna need a cite where sparring equals gunfight. In your opinion, it may. I seriously doubt a boxing match, or practice, generates the same physiological response as someone shooting at you trying their best to end your life.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

This
    This is a waste of time. That cop did a great job, yet SP is going to keep nitpicking because that’s what he does.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

So, that means that, if you're riding a bike, make damn sure you don't run from the police unless you're sure you can get away with it. The ramifications of failure can be a bitch. ;)

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but from what I've seen of the typical hooligan riding a bike I'm not concerned for their welfare very much. They give the rest of the motorcycle riding society a bad name.
    LOL, I should know, I used to be one of them. Look at me. I'm baaaaaaad. :D

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I guess Sweaty might be right if you're standing in the ring waiting on your sparring partner only to look up and Mohamed Ali climbs into the ring with you. That would induce a 10,000 yard stare. :eek:

15. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

nope, just about 6 feet....

Orvis likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

I can’t imagine how much loss of hearing that LEO will have after emptying the entire clip while inside his car. Also bad timing when having to change to a new one. :eek: My hats off to the guy.
    Although he needs to work on his windshield grouping. :crackup:

Orvis likes this.
  17. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Ok, I just watched the video. I thought the guy did a pretty good job, all things considered.

18. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Anybody else wondering if Sweatys box of Crayolas got anything but black or white in it? :D

ryoung57 likes this.
  19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Good Lord, why I/we bother with guys like this.

Sooooo, I've been debating with a guy who thinks the adrenaline dump LE and/or military personnel experience during a firefight is the SAME as one might experience stepping into the ring for a sparring session???? :crackup: SMDH

ryoung57 and auminer like this.
  20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

The white ones make him angry.

Brad likes this.