1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Liking a Blart post makes me feel dirty...

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Well, that's because you are.....take a shower every once in a while. :crackup:

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Ok, just hold up there a minute. Just try stepping into a boxing ring against an opponent with side arms at 12 feet and see if you don't have a hell of an adrenaline dump!
    Remember, keep moving and watch that 9mm launched from the left. :eek:

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

He did an amazing job actually. But wholly sheet. the timing of having to reload. Damn.

6. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I wonder how many of those rounds fired through the windshield went traveling down the road hitting things other that the intended target. I know of an incident here where officers firing on a vehicle hit houses over a 1/4 mile away behind the vehicle. Looked like he needed to practice reloads, I'll bet he started with a revolver.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So pretty much like the accuracy rate of the press lately. Maybe they need a refresher too.

blkduc likes this.
  8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

If only the bad guys would be considerate enough to position themselves in front of a suitable backstop before shooting at the police...

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

remember that video from like a month ago where cowboy cop was shooting out his window while driving, and then you see his partner dude's chest cam video who was running towards him after the suspect and hear 2 or 3 whiz's and realize that it was friendly fire and he almost got merc'd by his own buddy in blue? how wonderful of a song and dance that woulda been in the media if he were a few inches to the left.

[​IMG]

THAT is why i think this was retarded. not that i think murderers shouldn't be pursued and stopped.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I think the poor reload came from doing it out of sequence. Seems like he might have pulled the mag out early.

11. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I was gonna stay out of this one but...

Fact check, those areas you mentioned up until fairly recently were halfway decent places to live. I know this because I grew up just south of you in the most violent county in the US...gorgeous Prince George's 22 years. Moco has small pockets, PG is one giant wasteland of DC's project gentrification.

12. prospected

And yes, we are also taught how to shoot through our windshields here in the DC/Baltimore departments which is MPTC approved. The officer saved lives and was actually a pretty good shot.

Perhaps he could've used his other options to include PITT'ing the truck into a short bus full of slow kids. Perhaps talked them down through his intercom in between their own reloads. Perhaps he could've turned the other way...so their cousins in Langley Park could victimize you in your McMansion. :D

13. Sweatypants

yea for sure... i worked at PG Hospital for 4-5 years, my mom worked at DC General for 30 years, i remember well. i remember Langley Park Toys R Us was the closest one to me straight down University Blvd. and we would go there all the time as a kid and it was totally fine. even up until the end of high school, i'd go hang out there at the Checkers at night with some of the dudes i played go-go with and it still wasn't really all that bad. changed a lot in the 2000's. there was a time where a lot of PG looked like it was on the come up too, but i feel like the recession hit them hard, and wiped away a lot of the progress. there's still some really nice places when you go out towards old town Upper Marlboro though, i like it out there. still nice neighborhoods out on 4 or 202 further out, some of my buddies live out there now. i feel like a lot of the PGites that made something for themselves ended up moving further south into Charles or Calvert rather than re-inventing their so it didn't see as much of a resurgence as other areas.

my parent's first place when they got married was in Cheverly/Bladensburg. they said it was pretty nice in the 70's haha. far change from ordering your fast food thru a bulletproof glass turnstyle when i worked down there. but then that's the way of it i guess. my grandma lived in Gaithersburg for 35 years. when we were kids, you had to take a 1-lane bridge to get to her neighborhood and it was like you went to the middle of nowhere, quaint lake, feeding ducks, farm lands... look at the area near Florida and NY Ave. now. i used to go to a korean club down there back in the day, and V Street for races, interned at XM when it first came to town... it was a SHIT HOLE down there in the 90's/early 2000's. U Street and 14th Streets and all around 9:30 club used to be grimey as fuck, same with H Street. downtown Silver Spring was hoodnificent for most of my teen years, and then totally reborn. now they're all gentrification yuppie paradises and a 1bd apartment costs $2400 to rent. times change.

14. prospected

Charles County crime has sky rocketed since the mid 2000's when PG started their own gentrification. Anne Arundel, Howard, Carroll, and most of Montgomery scammed the class wars just right and kept their counties clear of the debris field.

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You wonder??? You don't think we would have heard about it by now? You don't think some MSM mutt didn't go looking? :crackup: LOL! SMH!!!

You're a comp shooter, right?
    Do you ALSO think your performance wouldn't be potentially negatively affected if you were being fired upon???
    I say potentially because the FACT of the matter is, none of know how we'll perform under that circumstance until you're put in that position. You can train and train and train some more, it's advisable even because if it becomes second nature, a reflex even, it can only help you. But history has PROVEN that even with all that training at work or at home especially when NOT under duress, it isn't necessarily the cure all that leads to 100% success. Is it better than NOT training at all? Hell no. If not mistaken, military personnel training for combat get run through scenarios that include live fire to elevate the training, if someone can't handle that kinda duress I'm pretty sure it will be uncovered during these kinda drills.....LE training doesn't do that.

My entire career, they'd tell us the same thing.....it doesn't mater if the guys on SWAT, range instructors, competition shooters.....they ALL do great when they're in a controlled environment but even they can crack under the pressure of being shot at.......just listening to the nonsensical replies in here by what is more than likely a bunch of couch potatoes and/or 'gaming crowd'....just cracks me the fvck up. :D

Carry on tho...

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In the ring sparring you are getting hit. You cannot totally train for real live rounds coming at you.

Or do you think sparring for boxing would make you good at shooting guns?

17. Sweatypants

i think the adrenaline affect on the body chemically is the same. that's all i said. you guys really don't know how to read well. there was nothing in there about dodging bullets like the flash or boxing teaching you how to shoot a gun. fear and anxiety and adrenaline acts the same until you train it out of yourself with time and practice. nothing more.

18. Sweatypants

haha pricing people out of moving to a location has and will always be the easiest way for people to protect their fiefdoms. (didn't know that about Charles, i never go down there, North Beach seems real quaint though). i dunno anyone with a family trying to pay $400-800/mo. condo fees to live in a 1bd condo that costs the same as a house with a 2 car garage in PG Co., but a tech yuppie will. OR... you need to have a $250k+ household income to get that same house. the demand + the schools + the location will always command those prices and its the highest single barrier to entry. also banning Walmart from your county helps haha. its a clusterfuck, i wanna move away, unfortunately, finance is the last industry to get onboard the telecommuting train. most stubborn, reluctant to change people ever, and until then, i'm stuck here so my commute doesn't turn into a 3-4 hour a day, daily affair.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And you're still not understanding - yes, you absolutely can train at something until you no longer have an adrenaline dump from that thing. Training for one thing will NOT keep you from having the issue with a totally different thing - especially something directly 100% life threatening. Lots of years seeing motorcycle crashes and responding to them has me to the point where I no longer get any adrenaline rush from them, I don't overreact, can watch bikes and riders go flying without a physical response at all. It does help me a lot when driving as the whole vehicle thing carries over. Shoot at me and it's a totally different thing. There are plenty of other things that will still cause a dump no matter how little effect others have on me.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Jocko and his guests addressed the reality of a firefight multiple times. Universally the first few seconds is "AHHHHH" then training kicks in. They also say some guys simply can't hack it. Training or no training.

Windshield cop did fine. I only wish he'd dropped his empty pistol and grabbed a rifle. And his reload was more than fine. Nobody is doing IPSC reloads in a firefight.

XFBO likes this.