1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This cop was black.

But studies show that police shoot way more white people in the exact same situations when comparing racial profiles. Also, a study was done a couple years back that showed police are now risking their own safety to avoid shooting black people. So even when they should be using deadly force, they don't.

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

3. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

2 shots in the side, that's not his back. I appreciate your forensic expertise though

XFBO likes this.
  4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Careful there, Mike doesn't need no stinking police academy training to be in the KNOW on all these police matters.

Wait! That can't be right, there are a handful of FTP'ers in here who seem to always say they're all afraid to do their jobs! :rolleyes:

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

7. 418

418 Expert #59

Looked like great Police work to me.

8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He was advancing at one group and shot by another. Not to mention the autopsy was done by a paid attention whore for the family.

You really are horrible at paying attention when you're trolling.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I had no idea that you were the person that's authorized to make these kind of decisions. Were you on scene in this instance or do you have inside information that the rest of us mere peons are lacking? How do you know that the officer didn't have time to assess the situation?

11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

It took me half that time to assess your assessment is full of shit. I believe the situation was assessed properly and justified.

12. In Your Corner

You obviously didn't watch the video, there were only two cops involved in the confrontation.

The misdemeanor crime suspect was unarmed and he never threatened the lives of either cops or the public so again, what did he do that necessitated shooting him?

Maybe you'd all like to review the rules for when it is permissible to shoot someone,
    https://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3737&context=jclc

Then tell me who was in danger. Certainly not the cops who shot him.

13. In Your Corner

It's all on video this time (From 3 angles at once) with full audio included, so I think I can make a judgment call, thank you.
    This isn't rocket science.

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Damn right you can. It’s clearly ruhtarded and wrong, but it’s all yours.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you can't stop being stupid you really should be quiet. It's a waste of space even on the internet. Yes, once again this is a personal insult because well, your posts are deserving of it. They show a huge lack of intelligence. So you're either stupid or trolling - I figure it's probably 50/50.

The shooting was based on the actions of the dead guy. Not on what you the stupid troll know afterwords. I did watch the video and it absolutely shows he acted in a manner threatening enough to be shot. It's not even remotely questionable - no matter what lies are being told by the family or an attention whore doctor.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No it's not, and you keep insisting on your "opinion" which leads me to my prior post.... :rolleyes:

17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The commonly held perception (there are numerous reasons for this, so the problem certainly isn't a simple one to fix) is that in western, industrialized countries (read: "first world"), there's really only one where that behavior in the video would be enough to get you shot. That doesn't happen in France, Germany, UK, Norway, etc...........so under "our" (defined as the majority of people in this thread) definition of what is behavior that can get you shot, it does fit (i.e., it's a "clean shoot") in that he didn't do exactly what the police wanted him to do in the time they arbitrarily allotted him to do it.

The majority of people in this thread seem to believe that the bar for "fearing for your life" is set at the proper level, whereas others like myself feel that police officers have volunteered (unless there's a draft I'm unaware of) for a dangerous job so the fact that they're more skittish than police in any other comparable country in terms of executing suspects is something that we as a country should analyze and converse about.

Regardless of people's political leanings, happy Easter and Passover to those it applies to.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Care to translate this to english?

I'm guessing you're trying to say the cops are bad because the standards here are different than other first world countries. Yet oddly I saw police there patrolling with semi-auto rifles and don't see that here.

Kind of goes against your fearing for their lives less in Europe thing huh?

Maybe that's the issue - our cops aren't armed enough?

19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

What?? Been to HeartsfieldJacksonLaytoyaReed Airport lately?
    I see them in other places also... especially for Political Events and Hell that Fkn GoldenGlobes thing in Californica

20. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

I don’t think people should get shot by police but I just can’t wrap my mind around running from them. Even if you get far enough for them not to shoot your going to have German Shepard hunt you down and bite the shit out of you.
    Everyone blames police for these encounters I feel it’s not the police it’s the city council. They are the ones who pass the laws and requirements for police to even have to say anything to you. The New York case the guy dies fighting police because he is selling a single cigarettes. Why is the police even dealing with him because the city council made it illegal for someone to sell single cigarettes. Hell you can’t even have a lemonade stand anymore how many stories have we heard of cops shutting some kids lemonade stand down. That’s not the police deciding this it’s your local politicians.

So if you want police to change then maybe you need to start electing people that truly believe in freedom and not make the cops breathe down everyone’s back or get punished because they didn’t issue enough speeding tickets.

R Acree and blkduc like this.