1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Mall cop... when you gonna tell us the shooting the guy with his pants around his ankles was a good shoot?

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Honestly can’t blame the police on this one. Terrible results but given the environment the dude gave them no choice.
    But what do I know. I’m speaking on behalf of my white privilege.

Side note: What’s, if any, the reason for making it known in the article that the cell phone he was holding was loaned to him by his grandma and baby mama?
    Who loans a cell phone to anyone?
    Why is this piece of information relevant?

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The one with the hung jury? The jury that wouldn't convict even with that solid video evidence?
    The one where he had to plead guilty because they wouldn't convict him?
    Not to mention that is one single conviction. You might find two or three others.
    They are incredibly rare.

4. In Your Corner

Actually, there isn't one good reason you could name for executing a guy who broke some windows. A property crime should not cause a summary street execution in the US, that's third world shit. The guy was unarmed and surrounded. He was no danger to anyone.
    No, it was just two stupid, trigger-happy cops who needlessly shot someone.

Look, here's another one.

http://kwbe.com/abc_national/man-sa...table-for-fleeing-traffic-stop-abcid36051710/

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Spoken like the true dumbass who never had the courage, apparently, to suit up and show the world how it's done. You're such an expert Mike....yes it'd be IMPOSSIBLE that some dumbass desperate enough to be committing car burglaries would ever think of carrying a gun on him. I mean ALL shitbags who have killed or shot at the police were ALL engaged in high crimes. No police have ever been killed for merely a traffic stop or attempted person to person interaction, right, genius?

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

So tell me please how the officers knew he was unarmed? Never mind the guy didn’t answer, or drop his phone but took steps towards the officers.

I love your definition of summary execution. LMFAO.

7. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

You have regular citizens ready to fight the guy, but thendude defers to to the cop who just shoots him...

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Are you talking about the moron in Sacramento? Seriously? Have you not watched the videos?

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Funny. I’ve got almost a zero chance of being shot by any police person.
    Why is this?

Some seem to believe that these type of shootings are just random occurrences. Personal actions and responsibilities be damned.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. In Your Corner

First, let's drop the asinine demand that someone be a cop if they want to criticise the job a cop does.
    Then let's drop the childish implication that anyone who isn't a cop is a coward.
    Finally, let's not do want you always want to do and start talking about shit that happened elsewhere at another time under different circumstances.
    Let's talk about this specific case. There are very specific parameters for shooting someone, which you should be aware of.
    At what point did the victim of this shooting do anything that required shooting him?

12. In Your Corner

The cop shot within 3 seconds of seeing the guy. He didn't have time to assess the situation nor did the victim have any time to react to anything.
    That's an execution.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

No, that’s your opinion.

14. In Your Corner

It's an assessment which is correct. This was the conversation.
    "Showusyourhandsgungungunbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbangbang

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I guess it should have been "showusyourhandsgungungunisthatreallyagundidyouseeagunheywouldyounotshootusheydon'tpointthatatmeitcouldgooffandhurtsomeonewhatnoidon'tthinkyouhaveagunbecauseyou'reaminoritystopshootingatmeowowowowowfucki'mdead"?

Orvis and XFBO like this.
  16. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

I'm aware of these parameters and this was a good shoot. He ran from the police and then advanced on them with a dark object in his hand. That's a pretty good recipe for getting shot.

XFBO likes this.
  17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

You just bounced it off the red limiter for going full retard.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Things that will keep you from getting shot dead by the police.

1. Don't steal people's shit.

2. Don't run around breaking into cars to steal either the car or people's shit.

3. Don't run from the fuzz when someone has reported seeing you breaking into cars.

4. Don't run around in the dark through backyards that aren't your own if you hear the sound of a helicopter nearby.

5. Don't advance toward a barely functional police officer while he is already afraid for his life because he is running around in the dark following you.

6. Don't do any of those while black. Not that this should matter but it doesn't help your odds from what we see.

19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

When I was living in a 4 unit, big old house in Ohio, we had a late night footchase result in the suspect trying to get into the apt of the girl above me - couldn't and ran back out of the bldg.

This guy escalated the situation by running through properties at night and making difficult sighting for the cops in pursuit - even if he eventually decided to stop.

...and then everything Venom just said above.

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This is a textbook example of how to get shot by the police. This guy literally did everything wrong and the police were justified in defending themselves with deadly force.