1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm not sure they needed to shoot the petite woman in the bathrobe because they heard a "loud noise".

BTW, it must be nice to kill someone and then decline to be interviewed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/us/justine-damond-minneapolis-shooting-australian.html

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

With the information currently available, it looks like the only person that has info other than that which the officers disclose is dead. He may skate on what seems to be manslaughter at the very least. IMHO, he should not be allowed to continue in law enforcement regardless.

Funkm05 likes this.
  3. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Don't be a dick. Just because he comes out guns-a-blazing when he's startled doesn't mean he's not a good cop. Sheeze...

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dad was Dick, my name is Rick. Don't make that mistake again.

5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

What a Rickhead... Doesn't have the same ring...

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

You'll get over it...or not. Don't care.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

This.

Plus his two co-conspirators.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In real life or on the beeb? :D

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Boy, you sure do have the tendency to fall off the edge of reasonable discussion when you make great leaps like what you've presented above. Perhaps you'll offer some actual facts on what you've described. Who is the woman? Where did it happen? How do we know if it's a real incident or something you've dreamed up for the sake of argument? I'm not aware of what you're speaking of.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Wow! Well, I guess the discussion is over since you've won it. Now you've declared that the total law enforcement community all over the nation is guilty of high crimes. :)

12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I doubt that his lawyer has told him not to answer any questions put to him by the state agency investigating the shooting.

13. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Dern tol' him about that pesky 5th Amendment...

14. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I call it like I see it.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:crackup:

What do you think they said?

XFBO likes this.
  16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Now, you're getting a taste of what I typically deal with.....lol.

No way cops would be wise enough to want his attorney present after an incident of this magnitude occurs.....NFW. :rolleyes:

17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Let's see:

Attorney: you just murdered someone in cold blood. The state is going to investigate you shooting this unarmed blond woman talking to your partner. I recommend that you refuse to answer any questions that they are going to ask you about the shooting that might help allay the familie's concerns about this murder while at the same time giving some kind of plausible explanation for the murder. After all, your dash cam was turned off along with both of your body cameras, so the only person who can implicate you is dead. This way, you'll be found innocent at your trial and you'll get away with murder. After that, we can sue for early retirement due to your debilitating PTSD.

Murderous Cop: nods his head silently.

cpettit and SuddenBraking like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Everyone in the US has that right. Granted most people don't listen or can't keep themselves from talking...

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, from what the partner said it might be manslaughter but he absolutely should be fired. What the hell was he doing with his weapon out in the car in the first damn place? Much less firing it past his partner. This whole thing is all sorts of messed up.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't doubt that at all. That's absolutely the smartest thing his lawyer could do in the beginning.