1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

:D

2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've always wondered about this yo yo firing across the car right past his partner's chest. According to a news story I heard yesterday the officers had just driven up to the place, with their lights off, and just as this woman came walking up there was a loud bang that startled them. Noor fired immediately after that. In fact, I got the sense from the story that the woman and the driving officer had not started a conversation yet. This is a mighty strange event. Either way, that dumbass that shot her needs to be put out to pasture and maybe placed in a convenience store for a career.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Because what you really want in your armed individuals assigned to protect the public is high strung guys frightened by loud noises.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

So, no need to wait for an investigation this time, uh? :D

jase likes this.
  5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Be patient. I'm sure this shooting was entirely justified. The defense team is sitting down with a huge pile of medical textbooks even as we speak. The trauma induced deafness excuse took several days to show up in the Oklahoma case. These things take time.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Even Google has its limits.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I have a dog like that.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Don't give him a gun!

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Oh crap, common sense from the Dern.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Close your eyes and take a deep breath. The Dern you know will be back shortly.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Obviously, there could be some later facts presented showing that the officer needed to fire instantly but, it also looks like he didn't need to. At this point I would say that it would have to be a really rare need to open fire in the way he did. You are right though. Let's wait until all the feathers settle before burning him at the stake. :)

12. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

His lawyer was on TV this morning and he told him not to talk. What it the best thing to tell an officer if you're taken into custody, "I'm sorry I can't answer any questions, I'd like to talk to my attorney now.

13. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

If by "convenience store career" you mean state pen for homicide, the yes, convenience store career.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What he deserves and what he gets will not likely be the same.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can recall a few occasions where people have said exactly the same thing to you. Never seemed like you accepted it as a valid argument. The obvious conclusion is that only you get to decide what is a bad shoot. I'm not going to pretend that I'm just finding this out, but it's funny to see you in this position now. :D

jase likes this.
  16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

My inside source says that the department is not standing behind the officer on this. That's a big clue as to how this is going down.

CausticYarn likes this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

The department or the rank and file?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd bet both given the dumbass shot across his partner.

R Acree likes this.
  19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

All of the above and the Federation. I'm not sure how that works because I thought they had to represent no matter what.

Everything in the news so far has been 3rd hand info at best, rumor, fake news, and wild guesses. All or none of it could be true...doesn't matter right now. The scoop that I heard is the most telling.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This hasn't reached its full entertainment potential yet. I'm waiting for the partner to sue the shooter for PTSD.