1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it will not be the shooter that he sues.

2. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Can you imagine? If the story is true and your partner shot across your face...I'd be so damn mad. (plus powder burned and deaf)

3. blkduc

I'm eager to see if there is fallout for making an affirmative action mistake that lead to this. The mayor should be scared...he was her golden boy. When he goes to trial, there just might be some "bad candidate" evidence pop up.

XFBO likes this.
  4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Papa, all I do is present my opinion based on simple logical thinking. In this case I would think that it's not logical, nor allowed, for an officer to fire at a target across the width of the car with your partner almost in the line of fire. Measure the distance between a driver's stomach and the steering wheel in normal conditions. What, 8 to 12 inches? It's logical to me that the firing officer was in a rather panicky state of mind and could have easily shot his partner with the same bullet that hit his target. You're right. Only I get to decide what my opinion is. :D

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Now that you put it like that, I suddenly recall your logical defense of the female cop that shot and killed a teenaged boy who foolishly opened his own front door while armed with a video game controller.

6. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I wonder what came of that case? I have not heard anything about it since right after it happened. If I remember right, I suggested that the cop obviously mistook the object as a weapon. Is that a mistaken observation?

7. blkduc

The fallout begins. The MPD chief just "resigned". Let's do some real talk...

The chief was the uber lefty mayor's appointment. The chief checked a few of the boxes, she was a dyke so she was perfect. The rank and file never liked her, it was not a great choice for solid leadership. Then the 4th precinct (ghetto side) needed a new leader and the chief's pic was not ok for the mayor so they got into a big fight.
    http://www.kare11.com/news/texts-between-harteau-hodges-over-4th-precinct-job-made-public/456726386

The relationship started breaking down and once again because I haven't said it enough :dead: The mayor is a straight up POS. So FFWD to last year and the mayor needs to push through some Somalis into 5th precinct. Now, keeping with the "keeping it real talk" theme, I'll do just that. We have Somali cops in other precincts for a while that have been doing a pretty damn good job. I've met some on ride alongs that seemed fine. Most of them patrol Somali neighborhoods and seem pretty keen on doing a solid job and serving their community. Well in the 5th precinct, (where this Aussie girl was gunned down) one part of it has a growing Somali population where the neighborhood is treated to great little situations like this:
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...pscale-mn-town-threaten-rape-homeowner-video/

So yes, it's a good idea to bring some Somali cops into this precinct to deal with the situation linked that keeps happening. But at what cost? And the real question...do you make exceptions to your high standards? The mayor is up for election and last year she praised this Aussie killer as a "pillar of the community". He was one of hers. He was the first cop in the 5th P. It's looking like he was pulled through the system and was a really bad fucking candidate to be an officer. But that does not matter when you have a political agenda and the POS mayor has a really terrible political agenda. So this tool is passed through and we end up with him freaking out and shooting the Aussie girl.

Folks, this is affirmative action at it's finest. Now the mayor is freaking out and her chief and her officer are a problem for her upcoming election. This bitch needs to chuck mofos under the bus and look good for the dumbass liberals who might vote for her again. So here we are today and the chief "resigns". That crazy bitch is in serious damage control and just chucked her chief under the bus.

What a damn mess. We're in this damn mess because of leaders with a radical leftist agenda and that agenda is more important than protecting and serving the public. Getting the best officers possible is not a priority. The appearance of building a diverse police force to check a box for election time is clearly all that matters. This dumbass should never have worn the badge, but whatever...there's an agenda to rush through so get 'er done no matter what the cost. It's too bad that someone had to die to push through the agenda. Don't lower your standards and stop the affirmative action bullshit.

There ya go. There's the real talk...pour me another drink. :beer:

XFBO and badmoon692008 like this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No one will miss Harteau

9. blkduc

I once thought that about George Bush.

Orvis likes this.
  10. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Why would the mayor have any say in the hiring of police officers? That's just stupid

11. blkduc

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If Obama had a son...

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just so we're clear, my point is not that something is wrong with your thinking in this particular case. It just gives me an opportunity to highlight flexible principles that you have no problem bending depending on how you feel about a particular situation. How many times have you written on this forum that you are "tired" of reading opinions that disagree with you? If you truly believe that people shouldn't reach conclusions about a police shooting until an official investigation has been completed, then that principle should apply to all cases. Your credibility is lost when you deviate from it, regardless of the facts. "Simple logical thinking" isn't interchangeable by law with "Orvis thinking." When people disagree with you, they too are convinced that their thinking is logical.

I have no problem with what you think of this particular incident. Sounds logical to me. :D

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Not sure why I've become a Dungeon guy again the last few days, but here I am.

I don't really see this as a police issue. The way it sounds to me, if the Mayor had just left the police alone and let them do police things, Officer Jihad wouldn't have been on the beat in the first place. But since we tossed out common sense in favor of warm fuzzies and diversity for the sake of it, here we are...

Sounds like Trudeau's Canada is pouring over the border. It happened before with hockey. Some people never learn... :D

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Some of us do. I haven't lived in Shittyapolis for over a decade. :D

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Oh, I see. You're just taking an opportunity to take a "dig" at me. That's ok. I look at it in the sense that when I speak I mean, "Of course I'm right, I'm Orvis.":D

18. blkduc

It's fun to come back the day after drunk posting and see how bad it was...I didn't do too bad! :D

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do that on facetubes :D

20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Instead of trying to blame liberal politics and referring to this idiot as officer jihad, why not instead look at what's really happening. Police forces across the country are filled with weak individuals more concerned with their safety than public safety. Zero deescalation skills, no nerve and authoritarian hard on. If people would just comply more...for gods sake, our military has tighter rules of engagement than a cop dealing with an unarmed citizen.

SuddenBraking likes this.