1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the FTP's amongst us

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jan 27, 2014.

1. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

XF has.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The problem is you categorize way too many incidents as the cops being at fault where they are not. You'll always see defense of cops doing their job. You won't see defense of things like the cop shooting the guy in the back and planting the tazer or the like. You won't see me defending the cops I talked about here, they got fired and possibly charged and deservedly so. You won't see a defense of the cop who shot the dude in the van at the Supercross race.

If you don't resist and when you're taken to the ground you lay still - guess what, you don't get kicked or hit. If you don't run in the first place you don't even get taken to the ground. The dog never even comes off it's leash. Freaky stuff. Human nature is not a valid excuse.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where? And I mean a cop doing wrong not your insistence that resisting isn't wrong.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm not anti-intellectual, I'm anti-elitist intellectual.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed. Anti elitist redneck rube too.

6. jase

So if a cop tells a person to get on the ground, and he doesn't listen the first time. The cops tells him 2 times, then the guy listens, gets on the ground, Does he deserve to get shot or kicked in the face?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends, is he on the ground being totally still or rolling around and fighting the cops?

But seriously - why the fuck not listen the first time? Why was he even in a situation where the cop wanted him on the ground?

I just do not understand why you keep ignoring all of the opportunities the person being arrested had for it to never remotely get that far.

crashman likes this.
  8. jase

Orvis defends cops no matter what.

9. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Sean, it gets frustrating to watch Trump make a statement that is obviously stretching the truth when it appears that he doesn't care if he's called on it or not. He knows better so I guess that may be part of his strategy. He sure seems to be keeping the media running in circles chasing what he says in an interview or public speech.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Orvis gives the cops the benefit of the doubt. You on the other hand give the perp the benefit of the doubt...

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So basically he's being a politician but is more up front about it?

12. jase

The guy is going to the ground, palms down, surrendering. Because he didn't listen the first time he should be kicked in the face?
    I agree with you on listening the first time, but he listened. And still got kicked in the face. That's wrong.

13. jase

Nope, not at all. What im saying and what i have been saying is whats wrong is wrong. If the cop is wrong, on it. If the perp is wrong, on it.

Like i said before. Most of my interaction with police have be positive except one time. I respect the police and what they have to deal with. But when they are wrong, they are wrong.

Like the cop that was murdered in the Bx a few weeks ago. That's really fucked up, and pissed me off. The guy who did is not part of the planet anymore and i'm ok with that.

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Wasn't that right before she kicked your ass and threw you down the stairs into the basement?:D

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Okay, so, that cop overreacted if everything you're saying is true. What now?

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Actually what you do is to immediately condemn the police when an event occurs without knowing any details of the case. You just assume that the cop is wrong since you're hoping that the probable criminal wins. In other words, just a big, soft hearted, person that's always for the underdog.
    An example that just occurred locally is when two officers stopped and arrested a 14 year old black kid that was dressed exactly like the description of a car burglar, the kids 16 year old brother confronts the arresting cop and chest bumps him, and is promptly arrested himself. Meanwhile, the mother is screaming at the top of her lungs and in hysterics (supposedly) but has the forethought to be catching all this on video. I wonder where her thoughts were? Money, 15 minutes of fame, and being the center of attention seems to be more important than what her dumbass kids were doing.
    I would bet a buck or two that you're immediately on the side of the mother.

18. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, I imagine that many of those members of "the general public" that would strive to be part of the oversight committee would be like the woman a few years ago complaining about an incident where a criminal wielding a firearm in a public setting was shot and killed. She was demanding that the police should first "shoot the gun out of his hand" before shooting him. In other words, someone that has absolutely no knowledge of law enforcement or the reality on the ground while doing such work.

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

XFBO likes this.