1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the divers

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, May 31, 2019.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

As for the whole dive knife thing it's kind of a long running joke with a captain I work for in the Bahamas. When a guy shows up with a dive knife strapped to his leg, we get worried, usually means they have no clue what they are doing and have watched to many Hollywood movies. Free diving/ spearfishing in the Bahamas you won't catch me with out a sling. Diving for fun, just a go pro stick

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Wow, another thing added to the list of stupid shit I'm not dumb enough to do.
    I bet the crocs had more than 5 feet visibility though. lmao

3. Captain Morgan

Yeah, first time in my life can say I was truly scared. Even riding a bike around Daytona, focused is the word, in the back of your mind you understand there could be conquinces, but when I'm. On the track I'm not scared. This was a different feeling

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wait, seven pages for crocs smaller than 6 feet? The worse that could have happened was may be losing a hand. This is a ripoff.

R Acree and ChemGuy like this.
  5. Captain Morgan

I'll buy your airfare and pay for the dive, no joke, then come back and tell me how easy it was only worrying about a hand. Problem is crocodiles/ alligators roll when they bite, not like a clean shark bite

6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Book my trip, I would gladly night dive with a 6 foot croc if you pay for it.

7. Captain Morgan

It's not just one, and you can only see them when you are floating in the water shining their eyes. The is no boat, me and 1 guy following a shore line in a lagoon in the Yucatan. I won't do it again I'll pay for henry and watch from the shore drinking a tecate

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't say it wasn't a stupid. I've spent enough time watching crocodiles to not want to get into the water with them, regardless of the size. But don't come in here selling us a mortal danger story with baby crocs. :D

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When you're the size of Pedrosa, Chip or Prince, a 6 foot croc is pretty f@ckin' big.

But not me, I'm 7 foot tall and shit!

10. Captain Morgan

There was no mortal danger story, diving with crocodiles at night. Like I said if you want to play it down I'll fly you from where ever you are. If your not a certified diver you can snorkel on top, but that's even more shady

11. Captain Morgan

A scared shitless story

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You think just because I know something probably wouldn't kill me, I would be stupid enough to chance losing a hand? Our decision-making processes are very, very different.

13. Captain Morgan

I respect that, and my crocodile diving days are over, now settle down or try and find the next crazy thing? Pick door #2

14. Captain Morgan

Only took 10 minutes something I looked into years ago. Wingwalking where they strap you on top of a bi plane. Couldn't find on in the US but a couple companies in the UK. If any of you guys know anyone in the US that does this please pm me. Or just a regular pilot with a plane and the right equipment. Don't worry if we crash and die, I promise I won't sue

15. ScottyRock155

They do it in Washington, but they won't strap you to the wing on the ground, you have to climb up on the wing once you get up in the air. It's very fun.

16. Captain Morgan

Really, so you are flying, manage to get your self to the top and strap in or just walk out on a wing in a harness?? I want to do the one where there is a pedestal up top, you are strapped in and they are doing inverted rolls, stalls, barrel rolls, ect

17. ScottyRock155

Go watch the video I just posted in the YouTube thread.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I always thought a cool daredevil sport would be where you stand in a field holding some tuna cans and let me shoot at them. Apparently there is a line no thrill seeker will cross, no takers. :p

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What was your first clue?

20. Captain Morgan

Calculated risks