1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For the divers

Discussion in 'General' started by Captain Morgan, May 31, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The only "right conditions" to get outside the cage are (1) no sharks within 100 miles or (2) the cage is on land.
    Da fuk is wrong with white people?

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

On or in?
    No longer near the ocean so, not so much "in" anymore.
    I get what you're saying about locale...not every hole has crocs or zombie bugs.

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Not really true, contarlly to belief, sharks don't want to eat you. Sharks are cool and a very important part of keeping the ocean healthy, the are the doctors taking out sick fish

4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

I've been diving outside the cage with great whites since the late 70's. Started ab diving in Northern California back then, scuba shortly after that, often in visibility that was less than the length of an adult great white. Just because I haven't seen them doesn't mean they aren't nearby. :D

5. Captain Morgan

You answered my question, I work and live on boats and am on the water on a daily basis

6. Captain Morgan

You were an ab diver??

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't want sharks dead (except for bull sharks). I like them. From a distance.
    - Why do you do stupid shit?
    - I've been doing stupid shit since the 70s, man.
    - OK, then. I guess that makes it all right.

:D

Mot Okstef likes this.
  8. Captain Morgan

I have a lot of respect for ab divers, takes hard work and balls. Spent a little time in port Lincoln Australia, and California. Cooking but it's hard to beat fresh lab's

9. fastfreddie

Not getting your distinction.
    People on cruise ships are "on" the water...not seeing any of them waterskiing 400 miles off the coast of Georgia.

10. Captain Morgan

I don't work on cruise ships. Dated a phillipina girl when I lived in the south Pacific and told her I cook on boats. "Oh you work on a cruise ship" no a n a yacht."so a small cruise ship?" NO it's not a fucking cruise ship. Last boat I worked on went to the boat show used at 17 million

11. Captain Morgan

And was only 125 ft

12. fastfreddie

What I'm saying is, being "on" the water is not the same as being "in" the water...doesn't matter the size of the boat/ship.

13. Captain Morgan

Ok. We have established I make money and then don't work till I need to. Then repeat the process. I have had an interesting year and not on the water everyday. Last Sept, finished my Alaska job. Then England, Ireland, India twice, Nepal. Sri Lanka. Cayman Islands. Panama. Bahamas. Now Mexico. A lot in 9 months, fun but can feel myself getting tired/old

14. Captain Morgan

Ok, your right, wish I could tell you I'll be thinking about this tomorrow diving. Wish you the best.

15. fastfreddie

I wish I could get the best...I'd need a chef. :D

Not arguing, but it seems you're not considering those of us that don't have access to a boat/yacht/ship when talking about being "in" the water. It's all good...and, yes, some is better. ;)
    Have fun, bring home dinner!

Speaking of dinner, what's your favorite fish for the dish?

16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

He probably lasted long enough to make the next generation of crocodile swimmers though. I don’t suppose there’s a link?

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not one I'm gonna post here.

18. Captain Morgan

Something fresh. Small dice onion. Garlic. Diced fresh tomato. Saute the onion in olive oil not Browning, add garlic, for 1 minute, deglaze with white wine, add homemade chicken stock, reduce by 1/2 add your diced tomatoes, season with s and p. Squeeze 1/2 a lemon in. Add cold butter and chiffanade basil. The sauce is done

Steeltoe and Sabre699 like this.
  19. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I have no hesitation to dive with sharks. Tigers, Bull, Whitetips you name it. Been there done that and have the video.

Crocs at night in murky water is crazy!

20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I gotta ask - what was the plan if you encountered one?