1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First female enrolled to BUDS

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cortezmachine, Jul 22, 2017.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

It is to me as well. However, the decision to get women into BUDS is a political one. Therefore, it is politically imperative for the people pushing it that one passes. When the brass get an idea, you make it happen or you go away. Same thing will happen here as happened with Army Ranger school. The magic pencil will be there to assist. That should thoroughly destroy morale. Senator Fucknuts and his owner don't care about that though.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I never said that...I was simply stating that females with enough upper body strength to meet the requirements for Special Forces qualification would probably
    need to use PED's. Generally natural upper body strength is not a common female characteristic.

3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And yet I keep asking - If there is no disadvantage then what is your problem?

Yep, I have - however they actually have listened to what I'm saying rather than running off at some idiotic tangent based on women are lesser so don't even let them try.

Considering there are plenty of weak little men and plenty of big strong women, your biology argument doesn't work. There is no built in protect the wimmens instinct. There is a learned one for sure. Hell, in a lot of nature the females are the badasses, they do the hunting and the protecting.

5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Doesn't matter anymore. They're out

7. Lawn Dart

He obviously lied - lied to himself, his family, his wife, his kid, the military.

I wouldn't call it a character flaw though, anymore than I would saying, "I don't have cancer" when there are signs pointing to the possibility.

I'm certain the idea comes with a certain amount of angst and avoidance.

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

If that is all he/she liked about while doing their job, I don't see a problem.

9. dtalbott

And how exactly was it a lie? Do you really think they were ever asked if they secretly identify as female?

10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Saying the same thing again and again does not make it true. There is a definite evolutionary advantage to be gained by the male that protects his mate from harm. That instinct has been rewarded by a million generations of natural selection. This is starting to stray from the original topic, but by declaring falsehoods to be true, you undermine your entire argument. Most of us have long since realized that a mandate from Mongo is not to be doubted, and our thinking regarding any of your opinions reflects that knowledge. Now, back to your regularly scheduled omniscience.

Yzasserina likes this.
  11. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

In the Obama era, probably not. But, he lied none the less, and according to him it started at childhood. He lied to many people about who he really was. In my non professional opinion, he's still lying and is a attention whore.

Honesty is a character trait btw.

12. Lawn Dart

Denial vs. honesty, I think is the debate.

One doesn't become a Navy SEAL, marry a woman, have a child and have a go of it as a man for (sounds like) 30+ years in the name of intentionally deceiving the U.S. military.

I'm not defending his lifestyle, cuz I frankly don't get it, but it doesn't sound like "lying" in the traditional sense, and the connotation I'm assuming you're using. And on the attention whore piece - I'm certain his/her job prospects are limited at this point. I mean, what do you do as a transgender former SEAL? Writing a book, whether we agree with the content or not, is actually a smart decision if someone wanted to make a little money. Not my personal choice of reading, but I could see why people would be interested in the story.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Didn't read the article but if the Goobrment is paying for all the meds, treatments and wang loppings, well. . .

In Your Corner likes this.
  14. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even necessarily call it denial...there isn't an adult over 30 that would have been surrounded by enough info and experiences for him/her to realize wtf they felt. How do they know that everyone doesn;t feel the same at that age? It takes time and a whole lot of growth to likely gain any understanding. In this case, it sounds like they went route of over-compensating and trying to move toward masculine ideals.

Regardless, he/she/it contributed way more to this country than I likely ever will and I really fail to see why anyone here could even attempt to find issue with this story.

15. dtalbott

My sister and her husband met a former SEAL on a cruise.

She asked him what he, as a former SEAL, did for a living.

He told her that he shot people.

His job was to ride on top of the tankers going by Somalia and shoot anybody on any boat that got within a certain distance.

Apparently it paid $750 a day plus expenses.

16. dtalbott

Agree.

17. Lawn Dart

Because "ex-military, and I'm still a man". Well, except the Navy guys... They all get it. :D

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

He is retired, so any medical intervention would probably be on the VA. Not sure how that would work out. It appears that he served honorably without asking for any special dispensation.

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Your sister and her husband met a liar.

pawpawrc and Steeltoe like this.
  20. dtalbott

Ok. I just repeated the story she was told.

Thank you for clearing that up.