1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First female enrolled to BUDS

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cortezmachine, Jul 22, 2017.

1. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Corrected for accuracy

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed.

Also agree and that's why I have said over and over again they cannot be given a break. All of the exact same requirements other than maybe issuing tampons/pads as part of their gear...

Doesn't make a difference, if a soldier is qualified they should be given the shot.

There is no rational reason to omit them either. Not having a dick isn't remotely the same as being too tall/too short/too fat/color blind/whatever.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, bad assumption on your part.

Attaining knowledge isn't all that difficult either.

4. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Nope. Not an assumption. Lacking any contradictory evidence, I'm calling it fact. Show me otherwise.

5. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

And, BTW I'm in no way criticizing or demeaning you for not having that experience or knowledge. Just like you (I hope) wouldn't criticize somebody not involved at all in racing for not having any relevant experience or knowledge.

Edited: Obviously at least for the issue where they could be spending money with WERA otherwise.... :)

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually I get my information from people in the special forces, more Rangers and other forces stationed on the east side of the country but some Seals. No, they don't walk around bragging about what they've done or where they've been but it's not hard to figure it out. It's not like they all stay in hiding while in or after they're off active duty and as you might expect, many of them kind of like an adrenaline rush like the one you get from say...racing?

It's great you have all of that experience. You also have a certain very limited mindset because of it. You start with an assumption that women can't do it and then go from there. You're not remotely being objective about it.

I don't know what type of women you've been around all your life but I've known a number who were more than tough enough mentally to do the job. Physically maybe not but that varies just as it does with men. Not even allowing them to try is something I don't get. Seems the real issue is you're afraid you might actually be wrong, then where would you be as the big bad tough male who can do things those lesser beings can't?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The job is actually on you to show how they aren't...

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, and I don't think there are many women out there who could hack it - but there aren't many men who can either.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

I fully expect the people running the special forces do consider options. But I also know that a military and a male mindset is in large part "it works, don't fuck with it". I also think a huge issue is the higher ups pushing for lower limits for women - and that is pure and utter bullshit. Don't change the requirements for anyone for any reason.

You still have yet to post a single viable reason why allowing women to try would serves any purpose. If they're as weak and uncapable as you keep insisting then they'll never make it, so why the freakout over allowing them to try?

Your analogy is just idiotic BTW.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That scenario to me is unacceptable.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm going to guess you think there have never been gay men in combat....

12. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Mongo, you could not be more wrong than with the above post. First of all, you make the fundamental mistake (I guess based on bad reading comprehension or from starting with a belief you're trying to reinforce) that I've ever said some women couldn't do it. Please, PLEASE, find a single, solitary place where I said that there were not some women who could do it. Until then, I'd advise reading more carefully.

Second, I've served with women for my entire career. You'll never ever see me putting down women or making bad comments about their toughness or capability. Very very bad mistake on your part.

Third, you somehow say I have a "very limited mindset" because of my experience? So, then what mindset do you have? After all, you have no experience. So are you saying that having no experience gives you a less "limited mindset"? Really? Your complete and total lack of experience somehow makes your opinion more accurate or relevant? Really?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not saying all people in those units are - I am saying YOU are. I am saying Nigel is. Because so far all of your arguments are based on just their sex, not any facts of any sort.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

And here we have a perfect example of your knuckle dragging idiocy - you don't want a women - no matter how qualified - to take a mans spot on a team.

No one on here is remotely advocating a reserved spot so stop saying that. No one here is remotely advocating females get some sort of preferred treatment or lowered requirements so stop saying that. No one is arguing that the ranger bullshit wasn't bullshit if the requirements were lowered. Duh, of course it's bullshit.

I'd love an actual answer to this - do you have a single reason why a woman should be excluded if every single requirement is the same other than having a dick? Don't start ranting about lowered requirements or going off about weaker women. I'm not disagreeing with you on those things at all. You're right, they shouldn't get special treatment. So what's your answer?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And generalizing like that shows you to be an idiot :crackup: I give you as an example of a male who can be outdone in a huge number of things by females as proof...

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Most of the ones I know disagree with allowing women - but most of that is based on them believing (and rightly so) the politicians will force them to accept candidates who can't pass the current training. If the question is posed as I asked wmh they are a lot more willing to accept it as being viable- although there is a lot of the whole "it works don't fuck with it" responses too.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well lets break it down - do you think women could physically and mentally do the job of a special forces team member? Yes or no. No long winded bullshit.

I have never expected my opinion to be relevant to anyone other than me. I am engaging in this more because it amuses me to point out the ridiculousness of your arguments than anything else. You keep arguing things that have nothing remotely to do with womens abilities and everything to do with your own mindset.

So I'll ask again - yes or no - are there women who could pass the current training without any change in requirements for them?

18. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Here is my last post on this, because (like so many other subjects) nobody is going to change their mind. It's useless. And what is even more useless than that is that it's public sentiments being voiced by armchair generals that never have, and never will, see a shot fired in anger - much less train for years to serve in such a unit, diminish the capability of the units and generate risk. After this, I'm out of this because just like some here won't tolerate idiots who know nothing of racing try to tell others how to run race weekends, it pisses me off a little when others that seem to think they're smarter than everybody actually serving in those types of units.

1) Nobody has a "right" to serve in SEALs, Rangers, SF, Force Recon, etc. Fact. Beyond dispute.
    2) Not every male - much less female - has the opportunity to even get considered EVEN IF THEY ARE FULLY QUALIFIED even if the want to. Fact. Beyond dispute.
    3) The military is not a reflection of society.
    4) Special Operations are the very tip of the point of the spear.
    5) The ONLY thing that matters is lethality, effectiveness, and efficiency. Period. Mission first.
    6) There are limited resources available, and limited slots available. Fact. Beyond dispute.
    7) There is not the slightest grain of a single way in which introducing women into SEALs, Rangers, etc improves combat effectiveness, lethality, etc. Not one. Not one single person has ever under any circumstances EVER been able to describe such an advantage.
    8) There are already way more candidates than there are slots for school - much less actual assignments.

So, for all the armchair generals who want to call other people "knuckle draggers" or "idiots", or make the utterly stupid ass remarks like people with actual experience are more LIMITED in their observation than somebody who wouldn't know a 5 para order from a grocery list, have at it. It is my genuine hope that if it comes to pass (and it probably will) and if something does go wrong, you're at least honest enough to look in the mirror and know you were a dumbass that along with a bunch of other social activists pushed politicians to make the changes that result in the problem.

Out≥

R1Racer99 likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You want me to list every racer I've ever known who was in a special forces unit? Not only no but fuck no :crackup:

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well personally, I've yet to meet a woman who could outfart me.

21. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I call bullshit :D

Totally agree and I have a question on this one - do all soldiers have the option to try out for it?

How does that work? If they want to go after it and they meet the initial requirements, what keeps them out?

I've already addressed most of the rest or it was just a duh kind of thing that is of course true.