1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falcons or Patriots?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyTide, Feb 1, 2017.

?

Who will win Super Bowl LI

Poll closed Feb 6, 2017.
  1. New England Patriots

34.0%
  2. Atlanta Falcons

49.5%
  3. Super Bowl Commercials

16.5%
  1. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

One of them will win.

Yeah, I know, going out on a limb...

2. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Wait, isn't a DaveK bet kinda like the guy that works with/for JohnnyB? Always picks the losing side?

3. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Vinales, Marquez, Lorenzo
    Pretty sure.

Oh and the Falcons. By 7 points.

TLR67 likes this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

This is guaranteed to be the turning point in all that, George! This is it, bet on it! :D

PScook. I like Hogan and that cheating mother f@cker belichick is a huge Lacrosse fan so I don't totally hate him. :D

5. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

DaveK with irrefutable logic!

:D

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

So, do you like the cheating aspect or the Lacrosse favoritism? It's okay to say "both."

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Easy there, fellah. Only when I'm driving my cah. :P

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Yeah, something like that. The canteen driver set up a "Woody and the Poor Black Guy" blog on Facebook and the bets will be posted tomorrow.

Rain Director likes this.
  9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hilarious reading that - all of the stuff about the defense being totally different during post season just shows he's another one who is only looking at the numbers and hasn't watched them play.

11. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

His job is to watch football. Something tells me he's probably seen a play or two. :D

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

With all due respect, Probably not. Well except for Scotty :D

Paige likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I believe it, he's got all sorts of info on there for the Patriots that can only come from watching their games. I'm just saying he hasn't been watching the Falcons until the post season. The stats for the Falcons defense overall don't show how they've constantly gotten better every game all season. Their showing in the post season wouldn't be a surprise to him if he had.

Metalhead likes this.
  14. ScottyRock155

I listen to his podcasts and read his articles all season long, trust me he watches every single game. If he'll talk about some random play in the middle of a Jaguars/Browns game because he's forced to watch it, I promise he's watching the Falcons.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you say so. Everything I read in that article until the post season sure seems to be based off of numbers and nothing else.

If he's watching every football game every week more power to him, not sure there's enough time in the week for me to pull that off :D

16. ScottyRock155

As much as I love football, it sucks to admit that if you watch coaches film you can watch an entire game in about 15 minutes.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good point, lots of dead time in them.

Could be worse though, baseball has to be about 15 seconds :D

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Where does one get those magical coach films Ron Jaworski they always talk about on TV? What's the difference with what the TV cameras capture?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I figured he meant film with all the non playing time cut out of it.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is that what the coaches get? I always thought they were getting special close-ups and shit we don't see. There's nothing special about cutting out the breaks. :D

BigBird likes this.