1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eyes on Virginia

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

All of them. This is a clearly a government against its citizens movement going on there.

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

No warrant? Have a nice day gentlemen. Please leave.

Its that simple.

Edit: if you blab like this guy did, they're listening and documenting. Listen to why the agency is there and then ask them for a warrant then followed by showing them the door.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I am a day late to the infoshow....
    This is an assault weapons ban in VA, Yes?
    AW's were banned federally in 1994(?), with less uproar, and then expired 10yrs later.
    Arent AW's banned in california/NY (Bullet-buttons, etc) ...How is this different from the assault weapon bans in Cali and NY? Why is this one causing more drama in the media?

I am missing something..... (?)

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Baseball bats are assault weapons.

Steeltoe, Fencer, sdg and 1 other person like this.
  5. SpeedyE

????

6. sdg

sdg *

All gun laws are illegal.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  7. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

As with guns that would depend on how they are used. If you are just hitting a ball then it's just a baseball bat.

8. SpeedyE

OK....but why is this one causing nationalguard/state-of-emergency/armoredvehicles/etc/fencing/etc......what is this one so much bigger than CA & NY......

???

9. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

You’re missing a bunch.

The old assault weapons ban didn’t actually ban the sale or ownership of any “assault weapon”

You could still purchase an AR or AK clone . It revolves around features and how many the gun could have when sold.

That’s what drives me crazy about the anti people . They actually believe it was a complete ban during that period.

brex and SpeedyE like this.
  10. SpeedyE

Thank you!!! :)
    They are banning ownership, of pre-existing. OK.
    TY

11. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

Originally they were proposing bans on the sale and ownership even if the ones already in private hands. Not sure if they’ve backed off on that part but for sure they haven’t backed off on the ban of new sales

the governor was even on record talking about confiscation if owners didn’t turn them in .

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. sdg

sdg *

Well, I believe it's the aggressive agenda...

Steeltoe and SpeedyE like this.
  13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, I am vehemently against what's going on in VA, I'm also against the red flag laws and most certainly against the idea of seizing firearms from LAW ABIDING citizens.

With that said, I'm guessing some dumbasses with big ass mouths talked up a bunch of shit which probably led to various investigations/interviews, like the one above.

You guys are TOTALLY against LE following up on a lead to a potential crime too??? o_Oo_Oo_O
    It would appear, for some, that is the case..... smdh!

But yet, if shit hits the fan, y'all are the first ones chomping on the incompetency of LE agencies being incapable to follow leads, like y'all did with the Parkland incident, rightfully so, cuz I sure as shit did....the difference IS though, that y'all would have belly ached about that too if they did.

scottn and blkduc like this.
  14. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

The virginia bills basically made any semi-auto pistol and rifle illegal. Vague wording. Plus, any illegal gun must be surrendered. They backed off that bit, allowing them to be grandfathered in... as long as you register it.

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The VA Senate killed their assault weapons ban bill last week. The VA House bill is still alive. Red flag and a couple of other bills are going forward from the Senate side. I would bet the assault weapons ban bill in its current form is pretty much dead. They may go after bump stocks, silencers, and really large 20+ capacity mags in a new or revised bill.

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. SpeedyE

So at this point a Ban & Confiscation law is off the table....they are now arguing about a red-flag & hi-caps law.
    Thank you

17. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

There wasn't a warrant.

He wasn't under arrest.

They didn't take his property.

They didn't waterboard him.

He was free to tell them to fuck off and not say a word without repercussion.

What exactly is the problem here? His activities, according to him, were harmless but they did raise suspicion. Had he actually been casing the place and did do harm to people there, everyone and their cousin would be in an uproar that law enforcement didn't talk to the guy. Not a single one of his constitutional rights were violated. What am I missing here?

scottn, blkduc and SpeedyE like this.
  18. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

They wanna spend and tax like Democrats?

19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

A sense of self-righteous Outrage?

Looked like a well handled interaction to me.

scottn, XFBO and blkduc like this.
  20. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

You don't think he was targeted as being suspicious because he had already made himself known as a protestor the previous week?
    Seriously though, as he stated, taking pictures from the capitol and of the capitol area in general is a common every day tourist thing to do. Hundreds, if not thousands of people do it daily. Why was he suspicious and others are not if not for his previous protest making him a target.