1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explain "White Priviledge" ..... Seriously

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Dec 1, 2017.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

It's a trap. He'll undoubtedly tap a keg of Keystone Light. :D

sheepofblue likes this.
  2. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

Its amazing that not one person commented on this.

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I don't really dabble in the dungeon but I'm going to respond to this since I am a minority that can relate to certain scenarios that others cannot.
    First of all, you have to take the extreme circumstances out like some of you have mentioned.

"White Privilege" is simply a socioeconomic advantage that a white person has given the history of the United States. It's a cultural thing that that has slowly been changing over time. The advantage I'm talking about is the chance that a white has to be successful it's higher than that of a minority, generally speaking. This is solely because how history has played out, statistics, and culture. Whether it's education, crime, wealth, whatever. You're privileged to have the odds in your favor.

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Considering the mindset of the true morons in this thread, can we now talk black privilege? They get to sit around doing nothing, not contributing to society, murdering their neighbors, and yet are handed food and shelter day after day, month after month. All for simply being black.

5. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Black privilege is basically you have a higher chance of being naturally athletic and having a larger than average penis Or fatter ass. Also there are programs based on your race that you can take advantage of. That about all I have. :D

sheepofblue likes this.
  6. jase

That's an ignorant statement.

7. jase

Where do you get that information from, that through process that you think black people sit around murdering their neighbors and yet are handed food and shelter, where does that thought come from?

Is that what you think black people do?

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

None of my personal protection firearms are Commiefornia-legal.

You'll have to venture to Minneshitholia. Don't fret though, you'll have plenty of marches and protests you can cheer on. :Poke:

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

At least your Faulkner was a lot closer this time around.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

A privilege created over the centuries by a culture of working hard, making sacrifices, having dedication and wanting to create a better life for the next generation. This culture didn't create itself. This culture isn't inclusive to whites. The same culture can also be created by every other race and ethnicity in America, if they choose. This culture was created not by whites but from what certain individuals did to try and achieve a better lot in life.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  11. jase

This has nothing to do with "white privilege".

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Exactly. It's a culture issue. Not a race issue.

Again, what is white privilege.

14. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If you did not personally know any black people and drew your conclusions from the evening news, you might reach that conclusion. The question, of course, is how to change that perspective.

15. jase

Look at 2blueyam's post. Post #29 which all seemed to over look.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Can I regale you about all the times I got the free extra security attention in my life. I seem to get it every time I am forced to take a plane ride. I am as white as it gets so why do they always pick on me? Is it because I'm white?

17. jase

Sure you can, by all means go right ahead.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

A single black male being checked out while going thru security is white privilege. :crackup: What part of security don't you understand. I recently went to my local county courthouse to pay my property tax and had to empty my pockets, show ID, and go thru a metal detector. Shocking I know. I mean because I'm white. The nerve of them doing security checks on me at the security check point. :crackup:

So tell us Jase, what white privilege do you whiteness in your day to day life.

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Is it because I am white when the 3 other people I am traveling with pass through with a glance at their ID and I get the full body pat down. Happens every time I travel. Is it my non-existent criminal record that gets me selected for the extra attention. What if the security guard that pulls me out of line is black? Does he just not like me because I am oppressing him in some way. What is overly suspicious about a white guy traveling to Oklahoma on a work day?

20. jase