1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explain "White Priviledge" ..... Seriously

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Dec 1, 2017.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Is there a point in there somewhere?

I'm not sure what you are getting at. If your sole point is that there are more trust fund babies that are white than a minority I would like to counter that the sky is blue and the grass is green.

badmoon692008 and condon66 like this.
  2. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Specifically....really?

3. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Yes, but then I will just refer you back to the success of white people. Higher success and more production lead to more inherited wealth. Maybe the slackers should try to catch up.

4. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

The point is there are a far greater percentage of minorities that a below the poverty line than whites. As I said in a prior post if you're really poor it's a lot harder to make it in this world, and considering that impacts most minority communities more than whites is how you end up with white privilege.

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

So one group working harder and being more successful than other groups who are not as successful is privilege?

I will be sure to call out the top salesperson in my company today (I'm #2) for HER privilege. Such a bitch. So unfair.

tony 340, badmoon692008 and condon66 like this.
  6. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

With affirmative action there are numerous opportunities, particularly in large companies, to take advantage of, most just choose not to and would rather sit around complaining about being oppressed.

tony 340, bacolmm and XFBO like this.
  7. SnacktimeKC

Agreed. But I wouldn't call a really poor kid with little to none of the advantages I had, loving hard working family, good schools, roof, food, heat, etc. a slacker so much as screwed from the start.

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Really?? That's your answer???

Let me ask you this:

Do you not feel like before becoming President, Donald didn't put in long hard hours at work? From most I've seen, he's an extremely hard, hands on worker thatbmany say he was over involved and micro managed.

Now ask yourself how hard Obama worked to get where he is. Be specific. (Since you like that word) when describing Obama past work history

badmoon692008 likes this.
  9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

OK, here is your real example from my wife's work. A group from her work goes to another agency's Federal building. The only person that gets the extra security treatment at the door is the only non-white, who also happens to be a good friend of my wife. Almost 15 minutes of BS he has to put up with, emptying his pockets, going through everything in his bag with a fine toothed comb, etc. He has the same government ID as the rest of the group. Everyone else makes it to the meeting on time but him. So now he is behind the curve at his job because he showed up late to the meeting even through the whole group left for the meeting together and should have been able to all make it there on time. This was not a single isolated case for him either. He doesn't complain about it, he just works hard. The only reason my wife knows about it is because she saw it happening and asked him about it later.

While I don't believe in reparations for "White Privilege" because it creates a victim class and reinforces the problem instead of fixing the problem, but by some definitions it is real. Minorities get pulled over more often by police. They get extra scrutiny by law enforcement. They get longer sentences for the same crimes. I am pretty sure in some companies, they get treated unfairly and passed over for promotions. I also don't believe in taking money or privileges away from people because of something their ancestors did. You are only responsible for what you do in your life. I have heard and seen cases where not being white sucks at times, but taking from "Whites" to hand it out to others is not the solution. Unfortunately, the left takes this definition and "solution" too far. They think that because my parents may have descended from those that owned slaves, that I should feel bad about that and make amends. Never mind that my Dad's ancestors from Ohio were dirt poor farmers that never owned any slaves and my Mom's ancestors immigrated to the US after slavery ended.

I am all for programs that help poor people from the inner city get out of the cycle. Things like job training, child care, and temporary housing. It is hard to get a job when you are living on the street and smell like a gutter, so the housing helps. It just shouldn't be based on your race and it shouldn't be a permanent replacement for a job. Those with a severe enough mental or physical issue to prevent them from working are excluded from that last part of course.

So, here I sit as usual as a target of both the far right and the far left. It gets old being in the middle sometimes, but I feel in this case it is the right place to be.

crashman, TX Joose, jase and 3 others like this.
  10. SnacktimeKC

Slacker ;)

Fonda Dix likes this.
  11. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

You get out of life what you put in it. You're talking about the 1% of families who get stupid money inherited to them. These people getting an inheritance have zero effect on anyone else making a living and earning. Trump inheriting millions has zero effect on Joe minority's ability to make a living.

Government supporting people has more to do with people living below the poverty line than Rich Joe Snuffy getting an inheritance.

sheepofblue likes this.
  12. condon66

If this really poor kid is white and born into as you describe, he will be handed what advantage over a black kid in the same situation?

13. SnacktimeKC

As I put it in a prior post it's not so much white privilege as I wasn't really poor privilege. A white kid in the same circumstances is equally screwed, it's just that extreme poverty impacts blacks more than whites.

14. condon66

Maybe it's not white priviledge but a geografical DISadvantage that you describe. Using specific areas or neighborhoods to describe white priv is a laughable joke.

15. condon66

Explain your assumptuon as to why that is.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Net worth is now a race. :crackup: Too much. Never mind that not doing any labor has absolutely no relevance towards anything being discusssed.

No one said it was easy. The ladder to success is available if people want to take the steps. There are countless examples of very poor kids with bad parents who have went on and are successfull. You really are doing a large amount of people a disservice by labeling them as helpless. Poverty is not a permenant place in life. Typical libtard thinking.

XFBO and sheepofblue like this.
  17. SnacktimeKC

See prior posts, so far it's been a never ending cycle. How to break it? That's the question.

18. condon66

It's very clear how to break it the way I see it.

19. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

If you're going to blame any president it should be LBJ

pickled egg likes this.
  20. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

From what I understand about liberal thinking, this so called “white privilege” shouldn’t be an issue. After all, one can just identify as white nowadays.