1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explain "White Priviledge" ..... Seriously

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Dec 1, 2017.

1. jase

jase Your kind makes me sick!!

The issue is; and you wont and will never understand is that he was the only person of color getting checked out. Eveyone that he was with had all the same ID, but he was the one that has to go through the "extra security.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

So it is our fault that black people can't stay married to each other...because if you are only looking at everything after that then you are missing the root of the issue. He was right none of the those things had anything to do with what the kids had done. It did however have everything to do with what the parents of those kids and their parents before them failed to do.

If you really want to look at the reason for someone succeeding or failing it will have a great deal to do with the knowledge and skill sets passed on to them from the previous generation. If they have been taught those things and have been taught skill sets they can use then and only then if they fail can it blamed on them.

Skill sets I was taught by my 2 parent household....

1. Mechanics....I can fix just about anything I need to fix.
    2. Building....I can perform every skill set required to build and maintain a structure.
    3. Sustenance...I can hunt, I can fish, I can grow a garden and I can cook.
    4. Work Ethic...I was taught and shown empirically how much work it takes to succeed in life.
    5. I was also taught that if someone was willing to take their time to teach you something you should honor them by learning it. Knowledge is power and probably your greatest tool to possess.

If you haven't been taught those skill sets by those that came before you then you're failure can be blamed on your parents. If you have been taught those skills and you fail to learn them or use them well then your failure is on you. It's not your skin color and it's not because some other perceived superiority of another race.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sounds like racial profiling to me, not white privilege.

4. jase

It's a bit of both, the guard checking the black guy may have felt that there was not need to check them because they are white. The white privilege is that they are white so no need to check them, but check the black guy.

5. jase

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

White privilege is my Dad marrying my Mom after he got her pregnant in high school and staying married for over 55 years.
    White privilege is my Dad not going to college but instead taking a line job at the local bearing factory.
    White privilege is my parents working together and sacrificing in order to make a better life for their children.
    White privilege is them making good life decisions and not doing drugs etc.
    White privilege is my Dad rolling the dice and making a business opportunity successfull.

All of which have nothing to do with him being white.

7. jase

Have white people done any terrorist attacks in our country?

8. jase

So who doesn't do everything you just mentioned?

Thats not what im talking about.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  9. Venom51

Yes... the Oklahoma city bombing. The theatre shooting at a Batman showing, Columbine, and plenty others I am sure. Crazy is not race specific.

StaccatoFan, stk0308 and sheepofblue like this.
  10. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Close to 80% of black children are now born to single mothers.
    Evidently, a whole lot of black people aren't doing that, just for starters.
    It's an incredibly bad problem that leaves children guaranteed to be poor.
    Whose fault is that?

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

The better question isn't who doesn't. It's why don't they. Why don't black men stay with their baby mom to raise their children.
    I know how much you love YouTube videos. So here is one that asked a lot of the same questions.

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Will I get paid?

13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Airport security vs. government employee with ID (same cabinet department, but different organization) entering a government building is apples to oranges. Visitors typically get checked, government employees with ID basically never do beyond the standard metal detector run through.

Also airport security can be lots of things. If I wear my "travel pants" or "travel shirt" that have extra hidden pockets inside the pockets, I get the pat down every time. I noticed they were always patting down the spots where the extra pockets were. I have learned not to wear them to the airport. If you have a one way ticket you are likely to get more attention at security as well. I know of a gal that stopped wearing an underwire bra to the airport because of issues with the metal in it causing an interesting issue at security. The A cup gal doing the hand scanning apparently never had to wear one and was a bit confused why anyone would have metal in that area until it was explained. Great conversation to have in a crowded airport security area.:crackup:

14. jase

Ok, and are white people looked as terrorist?

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

If they're engaging in terroist acts they are. :Poke:
    A terroist is a.........wait for it.................a terroist. <Gasp>

16. Venom51

I don't know when was the last time a black guy was labeled a terrorist? If a white guy builds a hundred bridges and gets caught fucking one goat will he be known as a bridge builder?

condon66 likes this.
  17. jase

That's NOT what im talking about.

White people get the benefit of the doubt in most situations.

18. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

The people who want to cut access to and funding for abortions?

badmoon692008 likes this.
  19. jase

Ok, so why are Muslims looked at as terrorist? when white people have done terrorist acts but arent look at as terrorist.

Understand what i'm trying to say?

20. jase

...but you want to call Muslims terrorists?