1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epic Movies?

Discussion in 'General' started by deathwagon, Feb 24, 2014.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Date has nothing to do with it. A two hour movie is about 240 times longer than Broome's attention span.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Tears of the Sun was a decent movie.

3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Arsenic and Old Lace. 1944 Frank Capra flick. Kinda more macabre than funny to me.

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

That's it. Thanks.:beer::beer:

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I believe that's a Tennessee Williams play. (You uncouth types prolly don't go to those.)

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I want to watch you watch Blue Velvet...lol.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How I Met You Mother would really set you off then.:D

8. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

honorable mention for The Wizard of OZ?

9. I don't know WTF that movie is. But just from the title I am pretty sure I have no desire to see it.

10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Gone baby gone
    The town
    I didn't see million dollar baby mentioned yet
    Brokeback mountain
    spirited away
    Nosferaru
    Blue velvet
    The wild bunch
    Oh shit! LA CONFIDENTIAL!!
    Spartacus

Good Indie type modern art house flicks

Moon
    another earth
    Drive

Man. I could go on and on and on

11. TurboBlew

wheres your sense of adventure? :Poke: I promise if you watch some movies outside your comfort zone... flicks like Beerfest will seem downright stupid. (well unless youre looking for gratuitous tits to take the place of a plot) :up:

12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Has tombstone been mentioned yet?

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Empire of the Sun

14. Outside my comfort zone? You mean movies about Zombies and shit? :D

If a movie doesnt make me laugh, or have something explode, or somehow catch my attention in the first 5-10mins, I am not going to watch it. I dont like they movies that are simply supposed to "make you think" or it is basically boring until it leads up to a big plot twist at the end that is supposed to make the whole movie good.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Titanic

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Good point. I have a definite sense of the macabre. I want to be disturbed and emotionally involved in a movie. If this is your kind of film, here's a list of the most disturbing, and yes, I've seen them all.

Eraserhead
    Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
    Ichi the Killer (anything by the director of this movie, Takashi Miike, is unreal)
    Audition
    Cannibal Holocaust
    Human Centipede II
    Grotesque
    Imprint
    Irreversible
    Salo Or the 120 days of Sodom
    A Serbian Film

A Serbian Film is widely thought of as the most disturbing film ever made and it was. And hard to believe, but I watched it on YouTube.

Three other very hard hitters are...

The Pianist
    The Grey Zone
    The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas probably hit me harder than any film I've ever seen.

17. TurboBlew

:D Thats one thing I miss about Blockbuster stores... you could always find an interesting movie on the shelf. Some of those slapstick comedy movies, like anything by Tyler Perry, just irritate me. I want to laugh but end up pissed because I wasted my time watching some piece of shit! :D

To make viewing interesting, you can search by director or actor and watch their whole body of work.

18. :D

19. I dont like movies where they try to be funny. Like Jim Carrey movies, I hate them. He isn't funny, he is just stupid. Or the movies like "Scary Movie" where they are making fun of other movies, i dont like them either.