1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epic Movies?

Discussion in 'General' started by deathwagon, Feb 24, 2014.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

A shoe in for the Oscar in the big ass robot category. :up:

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I saw the trilogy years before The Departed was released. Needless to say I did not enjoy The Departed as much as most people did.

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I keep seeing the comparison but I thought The Departed was a story about Whitey Bulger, what gives?

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

The Ten Commandments.

All you heathens can kiss it.

:Poke:

5. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Jack nicholsons character was loosely based on whitey but the movie in general was not.

7. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

Jesus man, the movie was made in 1984! I think SPOILER is a bit much. :crackhead:

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Not entirely sure if he was even a twinkle in his Mom's eye then (or the plumber's for that matter)...

:D

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Dood. That shit is heavy. a girl I lived with for about a year was Cambodian. Her parents lived through the pol pot regime. The father was a very quiet, haunted person. Nice guy but he gave me the creeps. I can only imagine the horrors that man has seen. I never asked about it and he never talked about it. I had asked her what his deal was (in a nice way) and she broke it down for me. Unreal.

I ended up leaving her because she always called me daddy in bed....

10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

hahaha,yeah boner killer absolute!!!!

11. exmutant1

exmutant1 Well-Known Member

Cortez, man you need help. lol

I worked with a cambodian Spec. Force unit that had worked with the US over there for several years (they were working as Commercial roofers). Polite, helpful, friendly, haunted, and not a little scary group. They taught me a lot.

I did not know that Haing Ngor had been killed, I was actually talking about his experience in Cambodia. He was a gynecologist, but had to watch his wife die in childbirth in a camp, because if he had saved her the whole family would have been killed. And he was killed here in a random act? Jeesuus there aint no justice in this world.

12. I know right. :D

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I have a Cambodian friend that was rescued from the Pol Pot regime when she was 1 year old and was adopted by canadian parents. They made a documentary on her and some 40 other babies that where rescued in 1975. The things happening in that country where so crazy they seemed unreal. In the orphanage, they had a room full of sick babies that where getting eaten alive by ants because they could'nt take care of them at first.

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Dude I watched this documentary and they talked about this famous tree where soldiers would take babies by their feet and SLAM their heads against this tree so that they wouldn't come back as adults to avenge their dead parents. There's baby skulls just littered around the tree to this day.

Trip. The. Fuck. Out.

15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I had never heard of this and wish I never did. Fuck.