1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPA is out of control

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So back when there were millions of buffalo roaming the wild - did they not fart?

Orvis likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not until the white man came and stole their farts from the indians and exploited them.

In Your Corner and Orvis like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Cows far outnumber them worldwide, I believe.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Worldwide I'm sure. I was thinking more just US and the west in particular with Cali getting goofy on caw farts lately.

5. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Looked it up, in the US today; bovine pop. is 96 million vs 50 million of bison in the day. The eye opener was total global bovine pop. is 1.4 billion with 235 million in India.

6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Being tasty is apparently a successful evolutionary trait.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Indians don't eat them tho... :D

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I believe the US alone has more than enough to outnumber Buffalo population at any time in history, doesn't it?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In total - again probably, not a huge buffalo population in Wisconsin or Florida - both of which have a whole bunch of cows now.

10. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay. I've been running all over hell and part of Kansas with my wife since she's been off this week. I'm tired.

The first book that I read concerning the "Hockey Stick Theory" is a book written by A.W. Montford called "The Hockey Stick Illusion" that describes the process of proving that theory false. Good informative book on the facts of the case.

Second book that I recommend is a book written by Ian Plimer called "Heaven and Earth." Professor Plimer is a professor of the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences at The University of Adelaide in in Australia. He has been a geologist for many decades and is named on several boards of several Universities dealing with Earth Science. You might Google his name to see his history.

Basically, Professor Plimer's book takes the warming issue and dissects it into what could be fact and what is theory only. In many cases some of these theories are mere Hypothesis. He is one of the Scientists that I trust the most. Basically he ends up concluding that mankind does not know enough about Earth's climate processes to understand what the climate is going to do. Good read.

Another interesting book is one called "The Delinquent Teenager" written by Donna Laframboise (an investigative journalist) that spent two years investigating the science behind the IPCC's papers. Another good read. There are many peer reviewed papers that I've read over the past 5 to 10 years explaining portions of the Earth's climate that we do understand but those papers did not know how their information worked with other portions of climate that we do not understand. I cannot recall which papers it was since it was awhile ago when I read them. I just remember the jest of them and how it altered my thinking.

I hope you can scrape up the time to read these books since there is a lot of interesting explanations concerning climate involved.

11. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

We are not having an effect by our numbers since all of mankind inhabits only about 4% of the Earth's surface. If we can get all of mankind to come to one place and pile up on each other we might be able to raise the temp in, say, Rhode Island. :D
    I'm pulling that out from under my arm if you didn't know. I suspect that just the population of China would be able to do that. Then again, the Northeast is getting pounded by some serious cold weather lately so even the Chinese might fail. :D

12. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

That's a hell of an idea. Press the ignition switch and watch Bossy go over the moon.
    "Why look at that Clem, that flying Holstein took down that 747. Went right through the right wing.":D

(I'm in a hell of a mood this afternoon.):D

13. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Yeah, buffalo population during the mid 1800s was estimated to be somewhere between 300,000 to 500,000 thousand. I've read a couple of history books that stated at one time in the early 1800s there were possibly over one million. We humans have them beat all to heck. Mankind also has the advantage of not being hunted by sharpshooters with Spencer rifles. (That's only happening in Chicago.)

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Maybe Calif is trying to prevent something that happened in Germany. A dairy farmer's cow barn had it's roof blown off when static electricity ignited methane gas from the cows. :eek:

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure it is less than 4%, considering all people alive today could fit into an area the size of Los Angeles.
    That second part reminds me of the Futurama episode where they get all the robots to fart at the sky to move Earth away from the sun.

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

You are off by about an order of magnitude.

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I ordered mine Pittsburg rare. :confused:

18. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Me too. Got lost in the digits. Orvis-- 2 orders of magnitude.

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Explain please. I may be lost here.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think he's saying it was at least 7 figures.