1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPA is out of control

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gixxerreese, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Sooo, you're another one of those individuals that, after hearing what NASA and a few other entities said, didn't look any farther, or go to the trouble to read what some world class climate scientists have to say on the subject? We sure will disagree on anyone finding any "scientific facts" that indicate that man has anything to do with what the climate does or does not do. Every single paper, book, or article that I've read (and that's a ton of them) will not claim to know what causes the climate to change. There are theories but that's all they are. Simple theories. So far, the only scientists that have been caught lying about their data are the ones claiming man did it.

The biggest claim made by the so called "deniers" ,that are scientists connected to the issue, is that mankind simply does not know what causes the climate to change phases. There are hundreds, or thousands, of facets to it and, so far, no one has been able to find a way to put the puzzle together to explain it. Many have tried but to make it appear that their theory was correct they had to twist and bend the data into funny shapes.

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

What your position on water tax? Means for political control or means for consumption control?...

3. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

You are way behind the curve on this. Was that NASA link detailing the earth's temp before or after they admitted mistakes were made. Keep in mind that a lot of the Earth's temp records were gathered by ships dropping a bucket into the water during their voyage and recording it. Also keep in mind that the only data from those bucket dipping activities was only within the shipping lanes. Another thing to keep in mind is that all the weather stations in the world were supposed to be built exactly the same way with regards to the structure, instruments, and care of the stations. It wasn't. Many of them that were built correctly, especially in the US, and were placed in the proper locations, gradually were absorbed by cities and towns. Concrete, buildings, people, etc. changed the environment surrounding the stations rendering them useless yet, they kept recording measurements from them. Many of the stations built in the third world countries and Europe were not built correctly in the first place. How accurate was that you might ask?

Later records, starting in the nineties, taken from satellites showed that all that previous data was waaaaaay off. In fact, over the past roughly 20 years the temp over the planet has leveled off and in some regions of Earth have dropped slightly.

I could go on and on but I doubt that you would change your mind on any of it. This is one of those subjects where people make up their mind basically due to politics and will never change it. :)

4. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Way to assume what kind of individual I am because of one topic. Oh, and I'm not a liberal but I have done a lot of research, listened to a lot of podcasts, and read studies. Like I said, that was one quick search I did at work. Man, some of you guys act like I made fun of your wives or something.

Oh, and hell no I didn't read your entire posts. Are you competing with Broome on who can come up with the longest posts that no one wants to read?:D

5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Let me know when the government flips the bill at the manufacturing plants for cleaning the waste.

Apples and Nazi Oranges.

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Is that the one that charges for "Impervious Surfaces"...??

7. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Sorry, sometimes I figure that if a few words are good then many words are even better.:D To add, I apologize if you felt that I was calling you a liberal. I was just speaking to your opinion of the warming issue and it fits pretty much with most liberal's idea.

The global warming issue is a very interesting subject to me and I read just about everything that I can find on it starting with Dr. Mann's "Hockey Stick Theory" from 1995 or so. His theory was interesting considering that he left out the "medieval warming period" in his data. That alone blew his theory out of the water. Several leading climate scientists, along with Steven McIntyre of Canada (a leading statistician) spent eight years digging into Mann's data, or trying to get it, before proving the theory fiction. My most interesting project now is trying to decide why so many liberals are trying to cram it down people's throats. What's in it for them?:)

8. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

If you want to suggest some reading that might change my viewpoint, throw something my way. I have no problem reading,or listening, to something that contradicts what I believe in at the moment. I've been wrong before.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Said no climate scientist, ever. :moon:

10. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

My theory on climate control:

If you take an unheated room, fill it with people, and wait a bit, what happens to the temperature in the room?

Earth has more people than ever before. Of course we are affecting the temperature.

11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

It's not people. It's cow farts. True story.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Now our friends in Kali are proposing to regulate cow farts...not exactly sure how they will do that. Perhaps put an ignition system up their ass? :beer:

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Same thing happens here. I think horse peeps are just plain stuck up and don't want to share any riding areas with anyone else. Reminds me when I was hunting with my friend on his Dads land when the lady whose house was nearby drove to the field and started yelling at us that this was a no hunting area. We just looked at each other and thought wtf are you talking about. LOL.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Matter can neither be created or destroyed.

15. nigel smith

Cows are reckless creatures, but it's not really their fault. If we had an adequate quantity of enlightened bureaucrats, we could task them with explaining to the benighted bovines that their overly enthusiastic digestion of the local flora has the net effect of unintentionally adding the sun's energy to what would otherwise be a closed thermodynamic system, albeit by a rather circuitous route. I'm certain that when confronted with the inconvenient truth, said livestock would voluntarily modify their behaviour for the good of all. Or we could make them watch Al Gore videos until they lost their appetites.

Orvis likes this.
  16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Very True.

Only the analogy had nothing to do with that.

Please, do try again.... :D

G 97 likes this.
  17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

If it weren't for those perturbations, entropy would be everywhere!

18. nigel smith

What he probably meant to say is that, in accordance with the first law of thermodynamics, energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Fundamentally, matter is the sum of its internal and potential energy, and so also bound by the same natural laws.

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Indeed.

Then again, the sole function of 99% of this livestock is to provide delicious meat but from a very inefficient, highly polluting, resource heavy path.

I'd like to note, I like very much my steaks (medium rare) and not much of a vegan (Tofu?!!).

But sights of these high density cattle feeders do put a curb on my meat enthusiasms....

20. nigel smith

I don't want to spoil the story for you but, in the end, entropy wins.