1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enough, let's see the books!

Discussion in 'General' started by CRRC93, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Da fuq. P?
    You new here or summat?

It took until this thread to have someone put up a working Trebuchet...
    :D
    @Ducti89

Metalhead and scottn like this.
  2. All I can say is I like how JU puts up the expenses for AFF, not that there would ever be any doubt with him but it puts it out there for anyone who could ever have a doubt.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

You should ask JU about Walter and Ryan trying to rip him off at Cota.

Steven

4. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Whoops its early.
    Walter is race director and Ryan is on BOD now and has been 2nd to Walter for yrs working for Cmra.
    Im sorry i forget people dont know everyone who runs or works at club.

Steven

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

[​IMG]

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

So, if nobody can see the records/financials, where do these numbers and claims come from?

7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

As far as my post, my numbers come from the 4 years I had access to them (2008-2011). During the gap since then their grids have shrunk but their prices have increased so I would assume revenue is still roughly the same.

8. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

The IRS records posted every yr gives total money count as how much Cmra gross income a yr.
    And funny thing is all this info is in the
    Kill all laywers thread elsewere on forum.
    Yet nothing but a flame job from some folks.
    Guess that 3 yrs and still going kinda makes people go hmmmmm.
    They did turn a profit according to them a few yrs ago and raised gate fees and entry fees to compensate. Lol
    Then lowered entry fees i think After racers voiced there opposition.
    But ive not been keeping up so maybe someone who knows more can bring more facts.

Steven

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Unless it's not their own money that's being spent on the defense.

10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

You gotta admit, that Trebuchet is pretty damn awesome. Needs a WERA sticker for perfection.

Jedb and VFR#52 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure they're paying the attorneys out of their own pockets.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The trackday peeps tend to start with Ferrari money then stop doing the trackday thing when they lose a bunch of that Ferrari tire cash :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd be amazed for sure. I think we are around a million - with little to no profit.

Looking at the gate seems great, until you add up all the expenses, especially at an event like CMRA where they feed the corner workers and officials and such. All of that adds up really quickly.

backbone, Boman Forklift and noles19 like this.
  14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That's what I'm saying, hell two trips each to barber and road Atlanta, alone is close to 200k a year is it not?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

16. Fonda Dix

Mongo, I would imagine your travel expenses, and likely your insurance, is considerably more than the CMRA, just due to geography. Additionally, you tend to rent some really nice tracks. They use the same 4 over and over again. I dont have any evidence but I could see your expenses easily being double, yet your revenue is the same.

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have definitely thought it would be nice to run just one region with a lot less travel and more ability to do promotions and such since we wouldn't be somewhere else across the country. However, the travel expenses for those of us in the office are a tiny portion of the vast majority of events we attend. The overwhelming majority of event expenses will be the close to the same other than track rental.

Metalhead and VFR#52 like this.
  18. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

The cmra charges significantly less for race entry. Plus has endurance which doesn't generate nearly as much revenue compared to the track time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

19. jpence

jpence Well-Known Member

Race entry fees were marginally raised but they allowed for more discounts if you race both Saturday and Sunday (ultw sprints and big bike sprints). I doubt 2018 is going well due to the first 3 rounds being absolutely shitty weather and therefore low entries.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. Fonda Dix

Thanks Jordan. I only know the CMRA so I had no idea about WERA fees or structure.