1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enough, let's see the books!

Discussion in 'General' started by CRRC93, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I think Evelyn needs to take that advice, or at least cut off mongo from eating pie while working. Being canned would probsbly hurt less :)

2. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

That's pretty much exactly what I was getting at. Someone skimmed a bit much and is trying to cover it.

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I’m guessing it’s a combination of skimming (probably claiming a lot of things as expenses that were really personal use) and awarding contracts/jobs to companies owned by the leadership team at uncompetitive prices.

If it were to come to light, even if it’s not criminal, there’d be no way they could afford to pay it back.

shakazulu12 likes this.
  4. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Other crap like make it legal to run a slick in A super stock! And allowing material to be removed from heads! Or allowing a 5.5 wheel on SV ! Or changing rules on the fly! I guess to accommodate people in there circle?? Let a Aprilia 1000 in C Superbike but not a RC51 or TL?? And this is the things I know of! There is more IM SURE if you pay attention! And dig a little! I don’t know about y’all!!! But I’m tired of PEOPLE thinking they are entitled to something!!!

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Yes on top of whatever is going on with the COOKED BOOKS

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

The horror.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Deep fried, sauteed or slow raosted?

Kill all the Lawyers, NESBA sucks and slow roast the books!

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Was CMRA around when JFK was assassinated?

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Have you been shown the actual court order that stipulates these restrictions be placed on these club records.
    It doesn’t pass the smell test with me. To be honest I think Orchard is making this part up on his own.
    Unless I can see the specific court order that directs the CMRA President to seal all books and records that are otherwise supposed to be public, which to my understanding they never were even prior to said court order, I’m not buying it.
    It’s shady.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Nope. But CRRC may have been.

11. Deep fried for sure.

12. We can’t talk about that, or fight club.

Ducti89 likes this.
  13. Racer997

Racer997 Old Skool Racer

Of course. I have a copy. I had to sign an acknowledgement of it before I was seated on the Board. I showed it to a judge friend of mine and had her explain what it was actually saying because I could see no language contained in it that prohibited me, as a Director, from examining the financials in the same format as the court had. My judge friend is the one that told me the court order did not restrict me as a Director from examining any financials.

I ask you: How could I as a Director - how can any Director - make any financial decisions for the present or for the future of the CMRA without having some idea of how business was conducted in the past? Difficult, right? I would say so. In fact, I said so. But, no. I was not allowed to see any of the past. "Trust me," they said. "Whatever was broken is fixed now. No need to look at it."

You can see the court order; it is public record. It is associated with the Inge case in the Tarrant County courts.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    G 97 and VFR#52 like this.
  14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Sorry to hear about your father.

VFR#52 likes this.
  15. Racer997

Racer997 Old Skool Racer

Let
    Thank you. He was 80. He and my mom were both big supporters of my racing. They used to come to lots of road races when I first started in 1987. I believe his last trip the track was Texas World Speedway in 1999. In fact, he drove me to the hospital that day because I crunched a bunch of bones. lol

I remember that my mom came to a race in 2008 or 2009 at MSRH. That was probably the last trip to the track she made. She's 77 now.

scottn, Joe Lopez, G 97 and 2 others like this.
  16. Racer997

Racer997 Old Skool Racer

Let me make this clear - I do not know Van Harding. I had a prominent presence at the track for many of my more than 30 years as a continuous member, so I am kind of surprised I do not even recall Harding's face from years gone by. I am not involved in his lawsuit in any way, but I recall that he wrote a letter to RRW a year or more ago asking why the CMRA's books and records were not simply laid open on the table for all to see. JU published that letter in his magazine.

I never forgot Harding's letter, and because I am aware that Board members of corporations can be held personally liable for their actions when serving on a Board, I was close to paranoid about getting sued when I was a Board member. I even warned the other Board members that we were always at risk. They weren't concerned.

Robby-Bobby and VFR#52 like this.
  17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Let’s get fucking real for a second and use a little common sense (at least what’s available on the BBS)

NOBODY is gonna spend thousands and thousands of dollars as a club if we are talking skimming like $30k here.

I mean it’s dhady regardless, but if I’m in a group and see that others are In the group and skimming, then not only does it affect the club, but me as well.

Without reading a million pages of bullshit, is there anywhere that states how much is supposedly missing or shysters away? Just curious if all this is over a few grand or if we are talking serious money here...

VFR#52 likes this.
  18. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well that would be what Peyton has been trying to do if he can ever get a court date.
    Im sure that will be the main focus of trial.
    And as has been posted no one has been able to see the books to see whats missing or not.

Steven

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

That’s my point. Nobody is gonna hire attorneys to hide 20 Grand.

Can the directors or past directors see how much has already been spend on defending this?

20. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I'm just speculating, but I would suspect they would rather spend the money in legal fees than let their actions come to light at this point. More about image and ego than anything by now. Fight it long enough, and maybe it goes away without having to expose themselves. Could have ended this a long time ago by opening the books as required if there was nothing to hide.