1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 canceled

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Sep 11, 2020.

1. brex

brex Well-Known Member

World Championship club race.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So did I read that correctly, the 200 is cancelled, but the ASRA/CCS sprint races on the same track on the same weekend are still being held? I'm missing the logic there.

rk97 and mike574 like this.
  3. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

You're expecting logic?! This is 2020, we'll have none of that sh$t.

TurboBlew and 418 like this.
  4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Infection occurs after one lap more than a GT race. Duh.o_O

5. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

It was explained that the 200 is traditionally a spectator event while the ROC is more of a participant event. The vendors' expo and demo rides out front are not happening.
    Add to this that while Daytona Beach is apparently not issuing permits for Biketoberfest, the surrounding towns are.
    Me? There's much less 'rona cooties in New Hampshire than Florida, so I'll be at the Halloween Hooptiefest at NHMS, rooting for Mome Rath Racing and the Three Pedal Mafia!

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

More accurate

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? To do what?

notbostrom likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The numbers are not correct.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, lots of excess deaths due to the fear of going and getting healthcare.

rk97, cav115 and JJJerry like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, if you do go to get health care for anything that could possibly be covid you get a run around. You almost have to go waste the resources at the ER.

When Sam took the kid in for what turned out to viral laryngitis the first urgent care said there was nothing they could do, about shit themselves because it might be covid and sent them to another UC about 30 miles away. Luckily one of the doctors was not a complete retard, saw it wasn't the covid and sent them to an UC 5 miles up the road.

Complete stupidity committed by the stupid.

11. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

Oops! You're right. Old data, Covid has gotten 3,200 so far this year in Indiana.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Totally agree.

mike574 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No it has not. The numbers they are using are incorrect.

cav115 likes this.
  14. No you are not. Well you are missing the logic according to how they stated why they cancelled it, or maybe they were worried about having extra people there for tv etc. either way seems they weren’t just truly honest as to why they canceled it which then makes people question the whole thing. Just come out and say “it’s too much of a pain getting tv coverage and we don’t have anything lined up due to Covid crap” and that’s a lot easier to swallow than the way they present the reasons for cancelling.

15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Oh and btw the 200 has been cancelled

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Im thinking covid spreads stupidity more than the actual symptoms. For OEMs not being able to show up to the speedway to display wares when sales seem to be on a bull run... :(

418 likes this.
  17. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

What was the cash purse for the 200? How much did it cost to enter the 200?

18. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right, they don't include those who died from Covid, but weren't included because there was no Covid test to confirm they had it. The real numbers are higher, but I'm not going to speculate as to how much.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Just in case anyone needs a reminder that this is all one giant psyop/lie/propaganda.....

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-spain-science/coronavirus-traaces-found-in-march-2019-sewage-sample-spanish-study-shows-idUSKBN23X2HQ#:~:text=MADRID (Reuters) - Spanish virologists,of Barcelona said on Friday.

That's right, for AT LEAST 10 straight months of no masks, no social distancing, no shuttered businesses or airline travel this super-asymptomatic-spreading virus was floating around the planet unencumbered; but apparently it didn't actually become a crisis-worthy thing until they told you to believe that someone ate a bat in China around Christmas.

I love how this little factoid above has been completely ignored ever since it came to light several months ago since it pretty much undermines the whole narrative of this invisible boogey man. You have to hand it to them though.....this has been an excellent exercise to show how easily the general populace is to dupe and control.

20. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Amen...brother. in my opinion that's a rather astute assessment.
    I do believe the numbers are higher... And believe Covid has been around since the holidays last year, I certainly believe doctors and nurses and I know a few they saw what was going on it scared them... They have nothing to gain by lying, they're truly there to help so when they tell me people were dying I won't question them.... not for a second.
    I firmly believe our leaders likley know something we don't... Recent news events apparently validated that notion.
    I'll help an old person long before I help other age groups, it should never be cast away as they led the way, and should be helped the rest of the way on their journey not taken for granted and insulted.
    As with anything .... if it can be exploited it will be.
    Covid certainly is real and dangerous but it's quite obviously being exploited by political parties, and the media.
    The media and politics go together like Whiskey and Coke ... Always have always will. No conspiracies or evil- doers, or secret societies it's just a blatant and obvious quest for power.

Speaking of whiskey......yep!

R1Racer99 likes this.