1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 canceled

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Sep 11, 2020.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

whats annoying is the modern social media impatience demanding immediate answers on scientific studies that can take years! And what I know about autopsies the math just doesn't add up otherwise those types would be working
    24hr shifts.

2. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Iowa is about 400 deaths higher than recent yrs for the year so far. I think that worked out to 1 out of 10000 higher chance of death across the whole state population. 30k deaths per year is normal here.

Yall feel free to come over and wait out the FL and IN disasters.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Take out the several tens of thousands of old folks who were killed via the negligence of NJ/NY/PA/MI governors sending the sick into nursing homes and re-calculate those excess death #'s.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/depa...ates-issued-covid-19-orders-may-have-resulted

In NY alone they said that number could be pretty staggering.

mike w and mike574 like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Can't remember, didn't the racers and teams who showed up for the 200 last March get their entry fees pushed forward to the fall event instead of a refund?

Now that it's canceled, do they get their cash back or is CCS (or whomever was running this) going to push it to 2021?

Maybe they are thinking along the lines of most companies with Gift cards? You get it as a gift, you forget about it and they keep the cash and laugh all the way to the bank.

evakat and notbostrom like this.
  5. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

While I am pissed off that it is being cancled (even though 99.8% of people who get it survive, myself being one of them) I am actuly happy they cancled it this early. If another March happened I think there would have been a riot in the pits. March was such a waste of money even though I was only there as pit crew and I was pissed.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Fixed it for you.

Glad you're OK.

VFR#52 and mike574 like this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why do people always say that shit? Fixed it for you. No, you fixed it for yourself. :rolleyes::crackup:

Snowflake! :D

turbulence and VFR#52 like this.
  8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Very pessimistic of you, but i somewhat agree. Did racers get reimbursed their entry fees from the first DayRona 200?

9. StaccatoFan

More like a Dirty Snowflake this year Dave...spent quite a bit of time outside...so I gots me a bit of a Farmers Tan going on this year. :cool:

But that will be going away soon...because there ain't no Sundays I'll be at M&T this year watching the Ravens 'cause of this BULLSHIT.

10. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="D-Zum, post: 5770016, member: 23539"

Glad you're OK.[/QUOTE]

While i know it was bad I am from NY and work in NYC every day, I was not hit hard, I have alway had a good immune system. I took a traflu for three nights and was better I got it back in november when nobody knew what it was

11. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

my grandmother has Alzheimer’s. We haven’t been allowed to see her for 6 months, and she does NOT understand why.

My dad and aunt have spoke to her on the phone. She is mad at us for not visiting. So her quality of life is terrific.

12. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Maybe but all the other CCS races are happening. Its not like a crowd is gonna bring in money all couple hundred of em if that many?

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I HATE the Ravens and for some reason I HATE them even more this year. :D

guess I'll chalk it up to it being 2020 but they shouldn't feel bad, I hate Dan Snyder even more this year. Snyder gives me a hate bonner.

14. StaccatoFan

And I LOVE that you hate them. It’s fun trash talkin time.

Just don’t hate LaMar or Judon. Those two are classy guys all the way. Met them both and can say they’re two very nice grounded young men making their families very proud.

Snyder is the worst team owner in pro sports. That we can agree on.

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Jerry Jones isn't just gonna hand his trophy over.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He's an amateur, a wanna be, a snyder light.

I've met some people who have worked/ done work for Snyder and we'll leave it at they don't speak highly of him in any way.

17. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What a shock...

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Maybe Cook can buy the Redskins and the Daytona 200?

brex and Johnny B like this.
  19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Isn't Cook from AL? Move them to B'ham and rename them the Alabama Rednecks.

20. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

So a club race gets canceled.

Gorilla George and YamahaRick like this.