1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 canceled

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, why are you arguing or throwing numbers at me? I don't care and like I said, if you want to roll the dice, take a risk or dance naked on tables for nickles, ain't no skin off my ass and I don't care.

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

If we call it a rolling protest I bet they would issue the permit... Just sayin

MELK-MAN, Gino230, Quicktoy and 6 others like this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

By some, you mean a statistically minuscule amount. And some young and healthy people die of all sorts of stuff all the time. Staph infections, MRSA, pneumonia, etc etc....the world doesn't shut down for it.

...having said all that.

Yes, this.....if you or whomever doesn't want to attend/spectate/whatever, then all power to you to stay home and save grandma and grandpa. Those who are comfortable with the risk (along with the risk of going elbow to elbow with 30 other dudes at 170mph), then stop trying to mandate how they live.

condon66, rk97, mike574 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Then go. Have fun, buy me a tshirt if you get a chance and have fun storming the castle.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Can't, they won't let us.

mike574 and 418 like this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Then Riot, That seems to work. Loot me a tshirt if you get a chance? :D

DmanSlam, StaccatoFan, evakat and 3 others like this.
  7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

We call those "peaceful protest" good sir :flag:

[​IMG]

MELK-MAN, 5axis and 418 like this.
  8. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The 200 is cancelled, not the entire round.

MELK-MAN and Shocker like this.
  9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

The 'rona strikes again.

10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Are some of you guys really going to get pissed off and make a stink every time some government, organization or individual does something exceedingly stupid and blames it on the Covids? Get a grip on things and recognize that the stupid will continue as long as it is beneficial to those people, and then it will fade away. In the meantime complaining about the Daytona 200, the fans at Laguna, draconian waivers at Pitt Race, etc... doesn't have any affect on the level of stupid and just causes the idios that are unable to think for themselves, to have to categorize you into one extreme or the other to make their world view make sense to them. I refuse to engage with that level of stupid on any side of it.

See you at the GNF.

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Pssssst............. we're still all gonna die.

henry_carlson likes this.
  12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Don't be hitting on me Baaa Means No!!!! nickels or not.

13. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

I'm sure the 59 fans in the stand are disapointed.

14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Thread is about the Daytona 200, not the Daytona 500....

15. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

LOL! You should make up some bumper stickers with this quote.

16. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

In Indiana, the flu kills about 150-200 people every year, so far Covid has gotten 1,400. Not exactly the flu. 92% are over 60, which means over 100 are younger, some in teens or younger. And Florida is far, far worse, they aren't worried about you, they're worried about what you'll bring to Florida.

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

The same shit the ccs racers will bring and every other person coming to disney or universal or across the street.......... Give me a break

drop likes this.
  18. 418

418 Expert #59

The whole thing is stupid considering there's been motorsports events going on with spectators already.

Indiana's population is 6.7 million people.

1100 people die in car accidents annualy. Guess you're going to stop driving too?

Drop in a bucket.

19. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Is it Rona or No purse money ?

Ducti89 and YamahaRick like this.
  20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I was highly skeptical of this response as well, but the one stat that I had been trying to find and did finally convinced me, and that is Excess Deaths. If you look at the total number of deaths in the US by month there is a a small variation, possibly a seasonality and our flu deaths, motor vehicle, cancer, ‘toe navigation destination victims, everything is in there. After COVID hit, you can see a clear signal of more people dying.

It’s possibly worse than what is being reported. Without countermeasures maybe we lose .05%? That's 1.5 million. More than we lost in the great wars combined.

I love skepticism, it’s a hallmark of a free and intelligent person. It doesn’t mean everything that is being said by experts and “The Establishment” is a lie.

turbulence likes this.