1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 canceled

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Sep 11, 2020.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I’m so sick of this shit... yes, there is a virus that is easily transmitted, and kills some people, but for fuck’s sake, let those of us who want to LIVE rather than merely SURVIVE get on with things.

DrA5, jeremy dunn, MikeR and 15 others like this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Forgot they were going to even try and run it this year. :D

yzfpat likes this.
  4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

It's kinda sad, but yeah, me too.

DmanSlam likes this.
  5. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

They should have waited until everyone was out for practice to cancel it. Again.

DrA5, KneeDragger_c69, jd41 and 9 others like this.
  6. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

But but but,,, we have covid masks.

Daytona was probably influenced by the bs Sturgis outbreak stories.

7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

AFT is supposed to make TT announcement soon but I suspect it's also getting cancelled.

8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

we weren’t officially running the tt anyways. I am not hopefully that it will happen due to massive expense to move all the dirt required. We will prob be at Volusia again

9. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 3

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

We have to protect your grandma, grandpa and any other sick old person you may come into contact with from the deadliest virus ever known to mankind. A virus that most get and have no clue they had it. A virus that can't even muster the strength to kill off 1% of the population.
    But think of the old people! We must save them from any contact!

DrA5, MELK-MAN, BHP41 and 3 others like this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

No doubt about it. It is not about safety, it is optics. Pure and simple.

rk97, OldSchlPunk, R1M370 and 2 others like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ain't just old people. Some young and healthy people are getting it and not all are surviving. Don't down play it or brush it off as being CNNed by the Illuminati.

But yeah, people who want to gamble should be left to do so. No skin off my ass. Plus I don't like being told what to do when and if I choose to roll the dice.

Choose to go or not, your right. We chose not to go to a Florida tournament this fall because of all the florida cooties and no easy way of getting there while avoiding the cootie spreaders.

13. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

They should run it without tech inspection, too. Because each racer shouldn't be told what to do. They want to RACE not worry about what happens to the other guy if stuff comes flying/leaking off their bike. Less than 1% of racers are killed every year. It's a made up conspiracy by Big Safety Wire.

[Meh, I should remind myself about that other quote about social media posts...]

14. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

It’s not Illuminati propaganda, but now it’s being exploited for political gain far beyond its actual threat levels.

What was the problem with the Daytona 200, were they going to have fans there? Why not just kick out the fans? I assume all the money is in TV rights anyway (for whatever that’s worth nowadays).

At some point we have to get back to real life. It’s either that or face complete social and economic collapse. Funny money is only going to prop up this bitch for so long.

condon66, rk97, MELK-MAN and 6 others like this.
  15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

volusia wont issue permits... but they arent exactlty discouraging visitors

16. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

City of Daytona kicked off the ball with announcement of withdrawal of all permits and support of Biketoberfest activities. I know the two are only loosely related these days, but still an economic connection.

(oops, too slow on the post)

TurboBlew likes this.
  17. 418

418 Expert #59

Mitigation of real risk vs. stopping activities due to a virus that affects a tiny percentage of the population isn't exactly the same thing. Keep trolling.

It's the flu, get over it.

cav115, StaccatoFan and mike574 like this.
  18. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

So 70K total by CDC numbers that did not also have the flu. Now I know the numbers are inflated as it is both politically popular to do so and economically profitable (from what I have heard hospitals get paid more) but lets just go with the 70K. That is basically a horrific flu year. Or about 0.02% of the population. Further the current measures to 'save' us do not in any way irradicate the virus and most virii never have a working vaccine developed. It is a scam and both parties at the state level are guilty of not obeying the Constitution on this, but to 'save' us.

rk97, cav115 and 418 like this.
  19. 713

713 Well-Known Member

MA pressured AMA