1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damn...and I thought antifa were bad

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Jan 3, 2018.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What city would you hold up as the model for conservative leadership/values?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A lot more corruption. Not sure on policies.

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Does length of democratic occupation come into play? Dystopia cannot be obtained overnight.

4. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Yes and no

5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I'd argue it still pales in comparison to Federal corruption. States and cities can only be as corrupt as the amount of money private interests are willing to funnel in.

You're going to be waiting a long time for this answer from anyone you want to hear from, so I'll add to it for you. Too much diversity (race, ethnicity, income, etc.) and shared services in a major urban area for the overall demeanor of a city to be socially conservative. If you live in the country, it's really easy to say to cut after school programs in poor neighborhoods to save money. But living in a city like Chicago, I know that it will cost us more in the long run to have no after school programs for low income teenagers - and will be worse for the kids. So in an effort to not "give my hard earned money to people with their hand out" I end up helping to incarcerate a shitload of kids and give my hard earned money instead to LEO overtime and state/county prison systems. Cities cost money and many socially progressive policies are also fiscally conservative when dealing with millions of people on one budget...if we have a budget this year.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

so we can disincentivise city living.

7. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Cool, that way we can get rid of cities and turn all of the countryside into Suburbs. We already have a pretty good start even without the disincentives for city living.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Pretty sure cities by their very nature disincentivize city living. ;)

brex likes this.
  9. Chino52405

I mean, sure, but that would only stress already stretched rural areas. My MIL works in small town local gov't for the mayor and they finally have had enough crime that the "city" passed a tax measure to have their own police force again in lieu of just the minimal county and state patrols...and it massively divided the town. Throw a few more people in that rural area already hurting for jobs and it'd collapse.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Rural folks tend to deal with crime without help.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Reap what you sow. Nothing just happens for the sake of happening. It’s not spontaneous.

Instead of after school programs, what about changing a culture that accepts and even encourages multiple baby daddy sperm donors and encourages single mommy’s. :Poke:

12. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Ok. How?

13. Chino52405

My point is more about the fact that with increased numbers and economic diversity, services also have to increase.

This is an issue in every single low socioeconomic area in the world. Please go ahead and start putting out some ideas though, I'm sure you have an answer or two.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't accept that premise as an absolute. It happens, yes. I don't see the increase as mandatory. It's very much a chicken/egg thing. What came first, behavior or the enabling service?

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

No, it’s not an issue in every single low socioeconomic area. I’m not convinced that it’s completely a socioeconomic issue to begin with. Lower income Asians, Latinos and whites still maintain a relatively strong family unit presence. Why does the black segment of population exceed all average rates for single parent homes/non involved Dads across all socioeconomic levels.

16. Fonda Dix

Lower average IQ, higher than average testosterone, limited economic success.

Bad mix.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think you just earned me major cred. Thanks. :)

Fonda Dix likes this.
  18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Just my $.02.

Two things that have always come to mind when someone asks that question.

- Democrats currently have welfare set-up to seize if they get a job, most times, these starter jobs don't pay nearly as much as just staying at home collecting welfare. That is BS and was 100% intended by Democrats to ensure loyal voting from the masses. It's a disgusting assbackwards policy and they know it.

- IMHO, it'd be more beneficial to come up with a tiered bonus ($$$$) program that will encourage these kids to attend vocational training, if needed, or one that makes it worthwhile for them to be gainfully employed, maybe even one that throws perks their way to have enough ambition to climb the ladder instead of settling for barebones minimal positions. Maybe credits towards furthering their education via local community college or such.

Something different is needed cuz the current course is NOT working, instead it encourages the children of these young teens/adults to continue down the same road.

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I would start with a welfare system that rewarded two parent families rather than single mothers. Then add something along the lines of the flatfoot's suggestions above.

20. Fonda Dix

Your black? I thought you were Thiamist or something. :)