1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom Motocycle Paint + Race Bodywork

Discussion in 'Other' started by D-Swens, Jul 25, 2008.

1. D-Swens

D-Swens sniffin paint fumes

Thanks a lot sir:up:. Yes the upper and lower are Sharkskinz, the SBK tail is actually Armour Bodies. No real reason for that combination, I generally roll with Sharkskinz for everything possible. I have a backup set with the Sharkskinz tail with it, just happened to have that combo installed. Still not 100% sure which one I'll end up ridding with this year.

2. jeremyv

jeremyv Well-Known Member

Bump for the best in the business this guy is hands down on the top of his game. Just my .2 check him out for yourself, give him a buzz and he will walk you through all.

3. joeyb

joeyb Well-Known Member

I heard he's an asshole :D

Just kidding...Bump for a great artist!!! :beer:

4. plustiano

plustiano Well-Known Member

pm sent. I need this freshened up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Terp01

Terp01 Well-Known Member

Dude is awesome to deal with. I can't wait to see my Skinz painted...

6. D-Swens

A recent OEM Acid Green BMW I finished up. I have a bunch more really cool S1000RR's that I have had the opportunity to design in the last few weeks, and a lot more pics should be showing up soon. Thanks for the action shots Bret...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  7. D-Swens

Another BMW in House of Kolor Tangelo Orange. The pearl glows like crazy when seen in person, in actual sunlight, but its very tough to capture on film. I didn't actually do the top half of the number plate on the windshield do to some production issues at Zero Gravity, but the new shield and new plate will be added soon, to make the front end look even cooler. Thanks for the track shots Martin:up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. BSully1850

BSully1850 Well-Known Member

very nice work!

9. BuiltforSin

BuiltforSin In the grass

The Tangelo Orange looks sick.

10. BSully1850

1990 GSXR 750 Race Replica

Hi, I'd like to get an idea of cost to paint my GSXR. First off, it's a 90 GSXR 750, currently being built very slowly in my garage. I do have all the OEM NOS bodywork, but recently I found an aluminum tank, so I decided to do a race replica style bike.

First picuture shows the bike as it sits now, with the tank I want to use.

Second picture is the Airtech RK body work I want to use.

Third picture is the design, I would like to try and adapt to the bike.

Let me know what you think, maybe we can get on the phone to go over more of the details.

Attached Files:

11. D-Swens

Definitely a cool project, I'd love to help you hook it up better than original:up: I'll shoot you a PM now and hopefully we can get the conversation started about how to make this beast happen.

12. D-Swens

Thanks dude, sincerely. Figure out which bike your ridding and get an f'in set of bodywork down to the shop so I can cook something up for you.

Thanks asshole!:D

Thanks a lot, really hope to be able to help you out!

Thanks, ...I've got something pretty sweet coming out of the booth for you next week:up:

13. art90notch

art90notch Active Member

I love that orange and black on that BMW!!

Sent u a PM.

14. art90notch

art90notch Active Member

Andrew,
    Sent you another PM!

15. bigtwin100

bigtwin100 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a paint job like the first pic, Stock 1990 gsxr 750

16. BSully1850

There's only 2 ways to get that paint job now, take 2+ years to find all of the pieces new or have the whole thing repainted.

17. bigtwin100

I'll go with the second option

18. BSully1850

Good idea, In the end it will cost 3x time as much as a paint job too! I do love that paint scheme, it just doesn't match my RK tank very well.

Anyway, it seems that Andrew is very capable of doing this type of paintwork, I spoke on the phone with him today. Very nice guy.

19. bigtwin100

Great thank you so much for the info! very much appreciated

Andrew, I'll PM you. I have just about all the bodywork. It's mostly Airtech

20. BENZtech

BENZtech Member

pm sent for quote.