1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cripple triples

Discussion in 'Tech' started by baconologist, Dec 6, 2015.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I know this has been discussed.
    But what classes are they legal for?

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Im not sure myself......but they are kinda fun/interesting

3. Killswitch

Killswitch Redneckistanian

I thought about doing a 600 down to a 450 and was told that it would be legal for DSB, but not DSS. I'm not sure what other classes, if any, it would be legal for though ... maybe Formula 2?? I think it's a cool idea, but seems a bit limited on what you can run it in.

4. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Formula 2 up to 565cc.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Forumula 2 and I got one ok'd for D super once.

6. baconologist

ah, doesn't seem worth it for a 2 class bike.

7. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

The destroked 565 is so much better than a castrated triple in terms of longevity and performance.

cajun636 likes this.
  8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yeah def not worth the effort with WERA. CCS give your more and like Rick said, the 565 destroked ones are a better choice. Plus you can run them in the C classes I would imagine without too much trouble.

9. baconologist

thanks y'all
    still looking for that in between a 250 and a 600 step thats not an SV.

10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You already own it. It's 400cc's and start with an F.

11. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Don't be scared. SV is where it's at...

You could go for a Duc800ss Legal for DSS, DSB, LWTSS, LWTSBK, F2

12. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

This...!

Phl218 likes this.
  13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

legit 565cc destroked 600's are weapons in the right hands, and at some tracks. They do have top end speed all but the baddest built 2-valve air cooled 1000+cc ducs (and there are lots of those in FL). At tracks with slower corners, they appear to suffer in the lt wt class not having the grunt off corners like the ducs.

Would defer to Mike on what's it's legal for.. considering you are using the same engine as the frame, it's legal for more classes than a bike with a different model motor (in ccs if they don't match it's only "gp" legal, so GT lights- LT gp- lt wt formula 40).

RMracing built a good one that Murray and Kcraget gave me fits with in team challenge, and i was on a mega powerful lt wt 1100cc duc with 80ft lb of torque.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Superbike and Formula classes - just depends on displacement.

15. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

I would love for this to catch on. My only concern is how do you know if the guy you are gridding up against is on a a 565 and not a 599 or a 636?

16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

It's been my experience that racers are a trustworthy group and for the minute fraction that can't be honest and deal straight there are tools, policies and penalties in place to police that.

At the bottom of it all, this is a pretty small community and once branded dishonest it's pretty hard to shake that distinction.

17. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

The obvious answer is if you beat him he is on a 540. If he beats you he is on a 636. :D

Big Sherm likes this.
  18. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Kinda wondering about this one too. He's already used to the twin type of motor, easy on tires, easy to find parts. Same can be applied to the 565's but honestly you are giving him an advantage as these bikes IMO when done correctly are basically unfair bc of the HP. Legal yes, and rules are made to be pushed.

The 565 I mean not the 450

19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

The 565 is good for F2 only. Want to spend 10 grand on a motor for one class? IMO, cripple triples are dumb.

20. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Dumb bikes that win races. Limited use in WERA, but great for CCS Lightweight endurance. That's what they're usually built for.