1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cripple triples

Discussion in 'Tech' started by baconologist, Dec 6, 2015.

1. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Asshole

Wouldn't a resistor in place of the injector work?

2. mzarra

mzarra Well-Known Member

Resistor doesn't work on Yamaha or Suzuki. It has been tried. A few other EEs are playing with something else.

In the meantime this works just fine :)

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks

4. emry

emry Can you count? 50 Fucking what?

Big difference between a resistor and an inductor. An inductor is really just a coil of wire, just like the injector's winding. If the correct inductance is chosen the ECU won't know the difference.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I took a guess. Not meant to be an asshole. If I was trying it would have been worse. :D

6. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

This seems like it should be easy. I just bought a Woolich tuner for my ZX10 and was messing around with it. The fueling for each cylinder is mapped individually in the ECU, and the software lets me put any numbers in that I want. It sure seems like I could just set one cylinder's fuel tables to all zeros and be done with it.

Hell, to protest a cheater...instead of tearing a motor down, you could just pull the guy's map at the end of the race to make sure he's only got 3 cylinders.

Then again if we're running 560cc bikes on the honor system, what's the difference. I promise I won't change back.

You guys better watch out or my ZX10 is going to be a ZX5 come May. :)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  7. mzarra

mzarra Well-Known Member

The AFM has strictly forbidden a "software only" solution for the exact reason of the temptation to cheat. When I discussed it with Mongo he was basically on the same page about it. Hardware conversion to avoid the temptation to flipping the map switch on the front straight :)

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I agree with that. It should be a mechanical defeat of the cylinder.

9. ineedanap

How about if I change the map to all zeros, and ground the spark plug lead. Now everybody's happy, including the ECU.

Hella easy. :)

Phl218 likes this.
  10. ineedanap

Hate to reply to my own comment, but "Hella easy" implies that I know it would work...but I haven't actually tried it. :)

Anybody know otherwise? Would that meet WERA requirements with the spark plug rendered inoperable.

The reason I ask is that I'm racing LWT twins with a SV next year, but if for some reason I destroy the SV, I'm building a cripple 2013-15 ZX636.

11. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Even at a value of 0 the cylinder is still working.
    The tech guys just need a $20 infrared temp gun, shoot each header at post tech.
    300-400'F on 3,,,one of em should be cold.. boom..legal.. and 'almost' impossible to cheat.

12. ineedanap

how would fuel still flow if I change the injector duty cycle to zero? That is what is happening when I change the actual cell in the ECU to zero isn't it?

13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

You're changing a trim table, not the baseline map.

14. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

That is what cool down lap is for :)

15. ineedanap

Well how do I change the baseline map then? I thought trim tables were for piggyback things like power commanders and bazzaz.