1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecticut School Shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Dec 14, 2012.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

After listening to brak, you can all but be assured a serious attack on legal gun owners is coming. They are going to cram a stoopid gun ban law threw. Count on it.

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I'm sure. The political climate is ripe for it.

They should make murder illegal too. That should put a stop to it.

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Children? No.

Teachers? FUCK YES.

4. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

Strange timing. Michigan passed concealed carry in schools yesterday.
    Makes me wonder if he read about it and tried to make a point. No, not likely.

Years ago, there used to be lots of mental hospitals around to house the mentally ill. Now, not so much. The mental hospital in Pontiac Michigan was huge. Someone wanted the site for a shopping mall.:mad:

It's time to focus on the root cause. IMO, that's mental illness and some recreational drugs that have very bad side effects.

5. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

See, now I have one problem with the remarks about limiting the guns, sizes, magazines, etc. People are assuming the two pistols belonged to the shooter. If I were a betting man, I would say that at 24 years old the Sig and Glock weren't his. Not saying it isn't possible, but saying there is a good chance they may have belonged to the shooter's father.

That's the thing, never assume shooters actually purchased the gun themselves. It is something to take into consideration, but never assume it.

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:stupid:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

With some pretty serious training and available if they choose to do so rather than forcing them - I absolutely totally agree.

8. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

I think that's a big part of it, and that comes from the home. But not all these loony bastards are kids - - some are quite a bit older. Maybe they just want the attention and are willing to go to extremes to get it.

Limiting mag size is a fool's promise - just carry more guns/mags. It all comes down to will. If someone has the will to do something and is sufficiently motivated, you really can't stop them - the trick is to minimize the number of assholes who decide this is something they want to do.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

What has 'brak' said?

10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

This was the case in the Clackamas mall shooting the other day. He stole the weapons prior to heading to the mall.

11. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

That's actually the way I believe in it. And recurrent training. I should have clarified some of my posts about this. Not just tossing a gun out to every teacher as they come in. Make sure they are and stay proficient if they choose to carry them.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The people who were in the hospitals aren't shooting up elementary schools, they're the homeless problem. I spent most of my years growing up hanging out at a state hospital fwiw.

The root cause is fucked up parents creating fucked up kids along with the overly pervasive access to news. Now instead of some psycho little fuck wanting to be remembered forever in his hometown he wants to do something big so the whole world will know who he is. People not actually raising their children or refusing to admit when they have a kid who is fucked up enough to do something this horrible is by far a bigger issue than drugs or those messed up enough to be institutionalized.

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Several decades back, public funding for mental health care facilities was seriously curtailed. Thousands of former 'mental' patients were turned out into the streets. Those issues continue to this day.

14. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

:stupid:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Absolutely - even more than is required for the general public to carry. If you're taking a gun into a school room daily you need probably even better training than what cops get.

16. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Something has broken in society. These things used to happen every ten years. Now it happens every fucking week. We've always had tons of guns, so that's not it. Video games? Ritalin? Are we simply in the End Times? I don't know.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They absolutely do - but they're nothing to do with mass shootings. The people who can plan something like this weren't the people in the crazy wards.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Regan did that.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think part of it is we have more people every year so there have to be more fucked up people even if the percentage of fucked up peeps stays the same or goes down some.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

This guy gets it.